Justice, what does it mean?

Absynthe

I've had this card come up for me in multiple scenario's and it never meant anything like the traditional meanings for it. Apparently upright Justice is about things turning out in your favour or being balanced. But that doesn't seem to be the case in each of these scenario's.

Unrequited love - Justice featured heavily here. I had to walk away and forget it.
Current career - Justice kept appearing and I had to walk away from my job due to ill health.
Emotional state - Justice kept coming up and things actually got worse for me emotionally.

I don't get it.

I'm worried now because my lease is due for renewal soon and you guessed it I keep getting Justice for what will happen. If I have to walk away from here that will be tough, I have cats that depend on me. If I can't get another house with no job, then.....It's bad enough I might be homeless. What about them?

DDwarks

I don't see Justice as being things turning in one's favour. To me the card talks about "the right thing", the fair thing. In terms of balance, I see it is as being "the due thing".

So in the cases you mentioned, the unrequited love would be Justice, the fair thing happened...he wasn't interested.

Current career, Justice is the right thing ( for them!), if you've been told they couldn't keep you on, or the due thing ...if it was only a matter of time before you left due to ill health.

Emotional state, Justice was the due thing to happen. A bit like being taking rock bottom so you can come back up again, with a more balanced emotional state.

ana luisa

if I may, it seems to me that in all the three cases you mentioned, Justice appears to you as showing IMBALANCE. You can also call it lack of harmony. It looks like the scales are the most prominent symbol for you in this card (and not the sword).
As to your lease, I would say it simply stating that you are in a period of imbalance, confusion and not feeling STABLE and FIRM enough. I would, instead of asking about the lease, ask the card(s) how you could fix or handle this current situation. Wishing you strength and success in dealing with this :heart:

DDwarks

I will also say that for your lease, I would personally use Justice as a focus card and pull another 3 to find out what it clearly means.

samantha

I tend to agree with Ana Luisa - Justice is often, for me, about rectifying some imbalance or making an adjustment in how we think (justice often has a sword) and consequently act.

Absynthe

I don't see Justice as being things turning in one's favour. To me the card talks about "the right thing", the fair thing. In terms of balance, I see it is as being "the due thing".

So in the cases you mentioned, the unrequited love would be Justice, the fair thing happened...he wasn't interested.

Current career, Justice is the right thing ( for them!), if you've been told they couldn't keep you on, or the due thing ...if it was only a matter of time before you left due to ill health.

Emotional state, Justice was the due thing to happen. A bit like being taking rock bottom so you can come back up again, with a more balanced emotional state.

Hmm....okay.

Absynthe

if I may, it seems to me that in all the three cases you mentioned, Justice appears to you as showing IMBALANCE. You can also call it lack of harmony. It looks like the scales are the most prominent symbol for you in this card (and not the sword).
As to your lease, I would say it simply stating that you are in a period of imbalance, confusion and not feeling STABLE and FIRM enough. I would, instead of asking about the lease, ask the card(s) how you could fix or handle this current situation. Wishing you strength and success in dealing with this :heart:

Well, yes I'm imbalanced. I left my job so I could work on that to be honest. I was given the option to stay but with restrictions that would just put more strain on me than I already had. And I wasn't coping with it the way things were. I didn't really want to just quit, but staying there wasn't a viable option either.

The whole thing hinged around the unrequited love. I was just minding my own business, met him then SHTF emotionally as a result of that meeting and I could no longer hold it all together. Pretty much everything in my life changed as a result. Fair enough, stuff happens, I no longer see that person and I no longer have my job. I'm now spending every single day working on that emotional stuff and if I'm being honest. I'm getting somewhere with it too.

But the same cards keep re-occurring even though all these things have changed. I just can't seem to escape whatever it is it's trying to tell me. I did pull a few extra cards as suggested earlier but got the same unrequited love stuff, three cards from that situation. I can't post or talk about them in this thread though. It's just frustrating because I am obviously missing the picture here.

Absynthe

I tend to agree with Ana Luisa - Justice is often, for me, about rectifying some imbalance or making an adjustment in how we think (justice often has a sword) and consequently act.

Well, I'm doing the best with that I know how. I started a new therapy for my emotional issues and it seems to be working very nicely. But so far no real changes in my outer circumstances (as to be expected). Surely if this was Justice for me, then that card would disappear, no?

Laurelle

Justice uses the cosmic laws brought about by the wheel for your own personal use. If you are not using them correctly, then the scales of Justice are imbalanced. I think Justice also comes back to the Magician (1). You are manifesting a reality for yourself and then acting it out in a play. Because 1+1=2, which is the HP and it is she who records all the acts of the play that you have placed into motion. She also has two pillars of balance like Justice, so maybe you can meditate on that for a while because your own answer is more important that what other people can tell you about the cards.

"To make adjustments which will change a problem into an achievement, two things are necessary. We must weigh and measure the facts correctly. Without accurate measurements, without correct standards, we are sure to fail. That is what is at the bottom of most of our troubles. We go by "rule of thumb." We are content with guesses and with approximations. So we blunder along like oxen without drivers, and out hit-and-miss procedure defeats our efforts." -Paul Foster Case.

Justice is about creating a harmony in your life by being educated about all the facts. From what you said you were sort of making decisions based on your emotional needs and did not balance your emotional needs with your physical needs. So there was an imbalance.

I think there maybe a major imbalance if you met an unrequited lover and that led to you not having a job. That must have been very heartwrenching for you and I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I, too, have been through many tumultuous periods of my life due to my own lack of knowledge. Especially in my 20s, I made the wrong decisions because I was emotionally clued in, but I wasn't seeing the whole picture. I thought love could always save everything, but it doesn't, at least not on this planet. Maybe that's not your situation, but it was mine. And all I am doing by sharing a part of my own journey is to try and help you. :)

Perhaps Justice is asking you to look at it from a distance, from a more objective standpoint. Justice needs objectivity to work.