Motherpeace three of swords for how you should be handling something

myrrhmyrrh

The booklet says "She works overtime in her head to control a situation and make sure she comes out on top. There may be a lot of tension or drama now; perhaps she fears losing a lover or some other important partner or project"

There definitely is a fear of losing a lover/partner and a lot of over analyzing and tension and drama, yes, but I don’t understand how this could be a should rather than a should not. Maybe it is advising to continue doing what she's doing, even with the drama and the fear and the sometimes over analysing?

I looked in the meanings in the writeup on the site and found : There is a strong possibility that a secret has finally come out

Is that it? that a secret should come out?

This is for the Pearl Necklace Spread that is on the threads sticky

But I hesitate to use another interpretation since the motherpeace deck is so particular.

barefootlife

It probably depends on the other cards in your spread. Sometimes, we have to be tense and work overtime to get something done - that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be driven by fear and drama. The card may be pointing those things out, but it's not saying you have to continue in that manner.

myrrhmyrrh

It probably depends on the other cards in your spread. Sometimes, we have to be tense and work overtime to get something done - that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be driven by fear and drama. The card may be pointing those things out, but it's not saying you have to continue in that manner.

That would make more sense. As for other cards, there are eight in the spread, but the one most relevant to this is

"How you are coping with the problem" Son of Wands rx
"The Son of Wands is dressed up and performs a ritual for his community
RX- he has a deep reluctance or even fear of showing his energy or sexuality. It may be stage fright or fear of energetic public display. He is self conscious and stifling his clowning and playful sexual energy. "

suffice to say this is very on point

think

I'd say the 3 of swords is a warning not to read too deeply into a situation, looking for the unsettling or the risks. Be aware they are there but just continue working at something with a positive mindset. Try not to let yourself feel pulled into thinking something is going to end badly.

Three, as well... let someone else take some of the burden, share with a friend or something like that.

Grizabella

The Motherpeace deck is Thoth-based, if I remember correctly. That might be why you're having a problem with this card in this position if you're used to using Rider Waite instead. :)

Just taking a stab at it, though, I think it could mean that she wants to cut a third party (mother-in-law, sister, friend, etc. ) out of the equation because she feels like the third party is interfering too much with the relationship she wants to have with her love interest. Swords cut and sometimes the 3 of Swords means a third party in the picture who is causing difficulty.

myrrhmyrrh

The Motherpeace deck is Thoth-based, if I remember correctly. That might be why you're having a problem with this card in this position if you're used to using Rider Waite instead. :)

Just taking a stab at it, though, I think it could mean that she wants to cut a third party (mother-in-law, sister, friend, etc. ) out of the equation because she feels like the third party is interfering too much with the relationship she wants to have with her love interest. Swords cut and sometimes the 3 of Swords means a third party in the picture who is causing difficulty.

Hi Grizabella

I think it's a feminist oriented RWS base but I couldn't be entirely sure. Still I appreciate your take. There are a lot of threes in her life right now, if not exactly triads, so maybe that's the key to it.

myrrhmyrrh

I'd say the 3 of swords is a warning not to read too deeply into a situation, looking for the unsettling or the risks. Be aware they are there but just continue working at something with a positive mindset. Try not to let yourself feel pulled into thinking something is going to end badly.

Three, as well... let someone else take some of the burden, share with a friend or something like that.

I'd certainly feel a lot more comfortable interpreting it like that too. It's just such a strange card to pull for this position. Maybe I'm the person sharing the burden as she turns to me for a lot of these readings to help her through her various dilemmas

Thirteen

Be honest!

Yes, the 3/Swords can indicate secrets coming out into the open...and perhaps that's how you should be handling it ;) What the 3/Swords often means is being completely honest, even if you know what you're going to say is going to hurt someone--or what you're going to hear may hurt you (i.e. ASK that lover if they're unhappy and want to break up. Get things out into the open).

See, what the 3/Swords is really about is the fact that someone *suspects* the hurtful truth. And all that drama and tension is about the fear that it's true without knowing for sure. In another position, it might say that the truth finally came out, and the person was hurt, but still "relieved" to know because now they can move on. In this position, it may well say, "Be honest" because you (or the person you're reading for) suspects the truth and it isn't going to come out unless someone is more direct and honest.

Obviously, the person who suspects/fear would *rather* that this wasn't true. And they'd rather not hear it confirmed. And they'd rather not have to go through the pain. But knowing the truth is better than wondering if it is true. Once a person knows the truth, they can feel that hurt, let it out, and decide what to do about it. If they don't know it...they just remain stressed and tense and uncertain. And the situation remains like an infection, aching and hurting and never healing.

myrrhmyrrh

Yes, the 3/Swords can indicate secrets coming out into the open...and perhaps that's how you should be handling it ;) What the 3/Swords often means is being completely honest, even if you know what you're going to say is going to hurt someone--or what you're going to hear may hurt you (i.e. ASK that lover if they're unhappy and want to break up. Get things out into the open).

See, what the 3/Swords is really about is the fact that someone *suspects* the hurtful truth. And all that drama and tension is about the fear that it's true without knowing for sure. In another position, it might say that the truth finally came out, and the person was hurt, but still "relieved" to know because now they can move on. In this position, it may well say, "Be honest" because you (or the person you're reading for) suspects the truth and it isn't going to come out unless someone is more direct and honest.

Obviously, the person who suspects/fear would *rather* that this wasn't true. And they'd rather not hear it confirmed. And they'd rather not have to go through the pain. But knowing the truth is better than wondering if it is true. Once a person knows the truth, they can feel that hurt, let it out, and decide what to do about it. If they don't know it...they just remain stressed and tense and uncertain. And the situation remains like an infection, aching and hurting and never healing.

Is the truth necessarily hurtful in this case? or will have a hurtful answer? I'm pretty close to this person and I can see ways in which this might work, but seen from another angle, no. Mind you we never know everything about a person and this may make more sense to her than to me and so I will pass it on, just in case.

Thank you for your guidance

Thirteen

Is the truth necessarily hurtful in this case? or will have a hurtful answer?
The person who suspects the truth, but doesn't know it for sure, is the one who will feel a stab of pain when that truth come out. That is what the card predicts. That could mean just one side, or it could mean mean many. A husband having an affair who suspects his wife knows will feel a stab when she asks him, "Are you having an affair?" and she will feel a stab when he answers, "Yes, I am..." And the mutual friend of theirs that he's been having that secret affair with will also feel the stab when the husband says, "She asked me about it, and I told her the truth. She knows."

But that doesn't mean that all of these stabs will be "mortal" wounds. The wife might feel the stab, but then also feel relief. "At last I know..." While the mutual friend might feel the stab and never quite get over deceiving the wife like that. The 3/Swords only predicts that a truth must come out if healing is to occur, and that it will hurt...someone.

You asked how to handle it...and this is the answer: Make everyone tell the truth. No more secrets, no more holding back.