Sp-o-o-o-ky decks for Halloween

shadowdancer

Well, I don't tend to use decks for specific seasons, holidays etc..

but

I would use my Zombies tarot and Skelie Lennies. (Day of the Dead Lenormand, but I have given them an affectionate nickname)

They would work so well together.

greatdane

Shadowdancer, if you read at a special event

for Samhain/Halloween, would those be the ones you pull out? I love you gave a deck a special name :)

Juliana

I sooo wish I could draw worth a darn. I love all the spooky decks out there, very much LOVE! But none of them are quite what I have in my mind. I wish I could make myself that perfect spooky deck. But alas I'm no artist. I've actually considered bribing my husband into drawing one for me even though he knows nothing about tarot. Ha, ha!

greatdane

well that sounds perfect Juliana!

you design it, let him draw it :) I know what it's like to have a deck in your mind but not be an artist. I'm still waiting for my PERFECT masquerade in Venice deck....and have seen I think all out there relating to it, but nope, not it. So here's hoping you design YOUR perfect deck. I will be happily reading with the Samhain quite a bit this Fall.

shadowdancer

for Samhain/Halloween, would those be the ones you pull out? I love you gave a deck a special name :)

If I were to do readings specifically for Halloween then yep - these would be the decks. At the moment they are my handbag decks and will be my honeymoon decks also. They just seem to go hand in hand together. Like buddies really :D

inhalexhale

The only Halloween/fall deck I really have is the Halloween tarot, which I do like. It reads accurately and it's an attractive deck, but it's not good for EVERY type of reading. It's just a smidge too lighthearted at times. Fall is my favorite season by far (my birthday is often on the equinox which is awesome, and my parents named me Autumn Angel in result of that - no, I'm not kidding!) and this time of year just makes me SO giddy! I'm determined to collect more eerie/fall/Halloween decks.

Update: I have acquired the Zombie Tarot! Tack that onto my list of fall decks :)

LadyDeborah

I use the Halloween Deck and any deck that's a little on the darker side in the fall, but all I can say is I just LOVE Halloween and the day's leading up to it. After Halloween is over, I don't care much about the rest of the year. Maybe that doesn't make a lot of sense to many people, but I am so happy in the fall. I do get that feeling of the veil being thin, so I relate to those who have crossed over and will use the cards to make some communication,if possible.

greatdane

BOTH Samhain decks by seven stars!

I would say the Samhain Deck of the Bastard and HER NEWEST upcoming companion in Lenormand. How great to read with them together. They will both have the spooky yet not campy vibe.

November's Dawn

For me Halloween is every day :p
I would say Dark Grimoire, Ludy Lescot, Deviant Moon, Tarot of Vampyres

Freddie

Swiss 1JJ hits the Halloween hot spot for me with it's abundancy of orange colouring. The images are very much what I feel Halloween is about...smartassed....funny...a little scay.

Freddie