Another "which deck should I get" question...

KristinCali

I'm deciding between Medieval Scapini and Visconti-Sforza. VS would be neat to have for it's historical value and because it has no titles. But Scapini is calling to me as well. Which do you prefer? Anybody happen to have both? Can you tell me how each one reads? Thanks a bunch!

nisaba

I'm deciding between Medieval Scapini and Visconti-Sforza. VS would be neat to have for it's historical value and because it has no titles. But Scapini is calling to me as well. Which do you prefer? Anybody happen to have both? Can you tell me how each one reads? Thanks a bunch!

I have a few of the different versions of the Visconti-Sforza, and I have the Mediaeval Scapini.

If you can't have both, go the Visconti, every time,. Reads like a dream, and some people find the overly arch style of Scapini's minors annoying.

Le Fanu

I don't think anyone ever regrets getting a copy of the Visconti Sforza, but some regret getting the Medieval Scapini. Such different decks though, coming from completely different directions.

nisaba

<gestures upwards> I'm not one of them - I've regretted few enough decks in my time, but what he says is undoubtedly true for other people. I love 'em all, but if you can't have both, go the Visconti.

Richard

It depends on why you are considering those two decks in particular. Of the two, the Visconti has historical interest, and I own it for that reason only. I'm not attracted to the art of the Medieval Scapini, and I see no other compelling reason to own it, so I don't.

journeyinghome

The Scapini made my eyes hurt! The Visconti is very pretty. I couldn't get on with it though.

Gulliver

I would choose the first.

There is a mini Visconti by Lo Scarabeo (I don't know which issue it is), I've thought about to purchase lately.

Richard

........There is a mini Visconti by Lo Scarabeo (I don't know which issue it is), I've thought about to purchase lately.
That's the one I have. Beautiful bright, clear images. Very easy on the eyes.

Attachments

• losvs.jpg
    losvs.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 84

Le Fanu

I think the Packard is excellent value for money...