favole tarot deck

flissiebell

hi all

i was wondering if anyone can help me.
i got this deck through post this morning and ive happy with them, however
it doesnt have pentacles, swords, wands and cups. instead it has flowers, butterflies, masks and crosses. does anyone know which is which please.

hope someone can help me
thank you flissie

Umbrae

Glad to be of help.

Now this is from The Tarot Garden Newsletter (you could be a subscriber). “The suits are titled as Mascaras, Flores, Cruces, and Mariposas (Masks, Flowers, Crucifixes, and Butterflies). I have noticed some discussions on the web-forums as to how these relate to traditional suits, and although we don’t have the time here to get into a detailed discussion, I will state that in Spanish tarots, Cups = Air and Swords = Water. Masks would equate to the works of the mundane in this deck.”

So…
Mariposas = Air = Cups
Mascaras = Earth = Pentacles
Flores = Swords = Water
Cruces = Wands = Fire

Determined based on both Spanish suits, and courts

Mind you – others may disagree…

flissiebell

hiya thank you so much for that help that has really helped me out.
im gunna try the cards out later i think very plwased with them. fantastic looking cards
thanks again for you fantastic help,

flissie x x

Umbrae

Tis a truly wonderful deck!

flissiebell

im very pleased with this deck, they look fantastic.

Astraea Aurora

Hi Umbrae,

I was also wondering about the suit titles. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. :heart:

Some time in the next two months this deck will be mine, too. I think the easter bunny will give me some easter money this year. (If not, I might consider to curse him with the help of my BG ... }) )

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Breach

Glad to be of help.

Now this is from The Tarot Garden Newsletter (you could be a subscriber). “The suits are titled as Mascaras, Flores, Cruces, and Mariposas (Masks, Flowers, Crucifixes, and Butterflies). I have noticed some discussions on the web-forums as to how these relate to traditional suits, and although we don’t have the time here to get into a detailed discussion, I will state that in Spanish tarots, Cups = Air and Swords = Water. Masks would equate to the works of the mundane in this deck.”

So…
Mariposas = Air = Cups
Mascaras = Earth = Pentacles
Flores = Swords = Water
Cruces = Wands = Fire

Determined based on both Spanish suits, and courts

Mind you – others may disagree…

I think you got the wrong idea. I own this deck too.

Crosses, is fire, as in passion and bearing your inner flame..
Butterflies deals with swords since you can imagine the sharpness of the wings of a butterfly if you were as small as one, it can even fly. The air element in astrology also has to do with the geniouses, as in the airplane - a maschine that can FLY.
Masks are cups because it is about emotion and feelings. When you put on a mask you put on a facade, but you're the same person. Masks are also beautiful.
Flowers deal with the earth element, pentacles.

Flowers - pentacles - earth
Masks - cups - water and emotion
butterflies - swords - air
passion - wands - air - crosses.

I guessed it first and then found it out for sure. I was right. And believe me, I am a deep tarot reader.
But if you must know, then it is what you make it. If you guys all believe that pents are swords and swords are pents, then you'll still get to pick the correct cards, cause it's what happens in tarot. Be the rules. Even if you decide for yourself that masks should be wands, then you've just personalized a deck indirectly. Wonderful, isn't it?

velvetina

I also switch (in my head!) the Magician and High Priestess - to my mind, they seem incorrectly labelled!

Celtictarot

Thank you very much for this as it is a beautiful samhain deck.