The Dark Angels Tarot

Aerin

I find it melancholy rather than depressing. Like a Victorian Gothic heroine, languorous looks and sighs but really quite enjoying the whole experience.

Essjay

Mine has arrived!

I love it. It is gloomy but in an atmospheric, gothic, dramatic kind of way

Aerin said
I find it melancholy rather than depressing. Like a Victorian Gothic heroine, languorous looks and sighs but really quite enjoying the whole experience.

I agree, it's very melancholic. It's full of gravestones, monuments and huge spooky houses. But it does have a gentle side, I think the word I'm looking for is empathetic. As ever with LS it has lovely card stock and size. Haven't had a chance to look at the LWB yet but it's out to look at today.

Eta: I'm not even sure if empathetic is a word!

MomentoMori

I think by seeing some comments here it should be stated if you don't like Gothic imagery you "may" not like the Dark Angels Tarot but if you like decks like the Bohemian Gothic, Vargo Gothic, Vampire of Eternal night Archeon Tarot etc etc,this will be right up your alley, if melancholy images have an adverse effect on you than this deck may not be for you reading wise though you may still want it for collecting value.

gregory

Essjay said:
Eta: I'm not even sure if empathetic is a word!
Yes it is and the deck is, too. :)

MoonGypsy

Aerin said:

Yes, melancholy is a much better word to describe it...
i have really started to warm up to it since my original post.:heart: They have quite a bit to say, these Dark Angels! The first reading i did with them was right on the mark...Ouch! :eek: i needed that! ;)

Hugs,
MGxxx

Essjay

gregory said:
Yes it is and the deck is, too. :)

Thank goodness, you know when you type something and it just doesn't look right?

MomentoMori said:
I think by seeing some comments here it should be stated if you don't like Gothic imagery you "may" not like the Dark Angels Tarot but if you like decks like decks like the Bohemian Gothic, Vargo Gothic, Vampire of Eternal night Archeon Tarot etc etc,this will be right up your alley, if melancholy images have an adverse effect on you than this deck may not be for you reading wise though you may still want it for collecting value.

This is a good point. The BG is my favourite deck, I love that dramatic, gothic style. But if that's not your thing then this deck may be a little dark.

Sanctum_Priest

I'm unsure about this deck. I'm a big fan of the gothic style but when it is achieved through computer graphics or collaged photography I feel a lot of the atmosphere is lost. Can anyone convince me otherwise. Perhaps with some more scans!?!?!?!?

Kimberlee

My man pre-ordered this deck, and we are both looking forward to it! (Though it is technically in his collection.) Yes, some dark imagery involved, but amazing artwork from what I've seen. I'll try to remember to come back and update with how well it reads. :D

~Kimberlee

gregory

Sanctum_Priest said:
I'm unsure about this deck. I'm a big fan of the gothic style but when it is achieved through computer graphics or collaged photography I feel a lot of the atmosphere is lost. Can anyone convince me otherwise. Perhaps with some more scans!?!?!?!?
I posted quite a few in this thread - and there are more in the AT decks section..... but LS don't like huge numbers of cards posted, and who can blame them.