anybody read during full or new moons?

tarotgimp

just curious what people think of the idea. Someone once told me psychic energies are highest during full moons so I gave it a shot and now i'll intentionally read a celtic cross or gypsy spread during these phases. It's almost like it seems easier. Not so sure about new moons because that's a new practice for me as of lately but I've done full moon readings for about...oh idk maybe a lil over 6 months and it does seem to turn out a lil less confusing for me. Any thoughts on this?

tarot gimp

-blessed be

SPIRIT HAWK

i cleanse my cards on the night of the full moon i put them onthe table with my cloth, and grid them with all my crysatal wands and put a big towere wand of selenite in the middle and the next day its a very easy pwerfull reading ,it feels easier to interpret them most defianately they are at there most pwerfull around the full moon, but i am a total beginner at the cards i am also learning wicca and have been studying both for a year, so the full moon is very powerfull anyway in genearal it helps me to tune into the cards better i feel

Umbrae

I've never found that astrological cycles affect my readings. Mercury retrograde, moon full new or eclipsed, daytime and nighttime alike. It's not like readings or reading are or is affected.

I believe that practice, reading over and over and over for strangers and self under many different conditions over the years raises one above considerations that may limit others.

But that's me. Your mileage may vary.

And no, I've never 'cleansed' a deck either.

nisaba

<smile> A good deck will do its stuff no matter what. Hell, I've been known to throw a reading in McDonalds, and that's hardly cosmic.

starrystarrynight

I find that the only way a full or new moon (or any other astrological event) will affect my reading(s) is if my personal mood is affected in some way by it.

I do believe (anecdotally) that the full moon brings out some strange behaviors in some...and if that behavior affects me, it could affect my reading.

But make it clearer or better? I don't really think so...

Sophie

Definitely I read on the Full Moon - but NEVER for myself! I find I am at the same time much more open and able to get the message, and far less objective about myself :D

On the New Moon, I am more objective about myself, and also open - especially to some messages that are quite deep and philosophical, or about things that were hidden from me.

That said, I read all month round. I just find that during some moon phases I'm more receptive. I suppose tarot readers are like seas - some are tidal, some are not :D

tarotgimp

nisaba said:
<smile> A good deck will do its stuff no matter what. Hell, I've been known to throw a reading in McDonalds, and that's hardly cosmic.

I did one once at a bookstore for some woman...funny thing is I ran into her about a year later I must have made some impression. she remembered me because she aproached me and asked if I remembered her lol. ironicly there's a burger king right across the parking lot. :)

rushka said:
i cleanse my cards on the night of the full moon i put them onthe table with my cloth, and grid them with all my crysatal wands and put a big towere wand of selenite in the middle and the next day its a very easy pwerfull reading ,it feels easier to interpret them most defianately they are at there most pwerfull around the full moon, but i am a total beginner at the cards i am also learning wicca and have been studying both for a year, so the full moon is very powerfull anyway in genearal it helps me to tune into the cards better i feel

First of let me say I am in complete agreeance with you on this, but I don't read for many folks other than myself so i rarely perform cleansings on my deck as I would rather continue building the energy I've put into it. As a fellow student of wicca myself let me say welcome to AT. good luck in your learning of tarot and all things magickal. as for the magickal side of things I don't know much about this site myself as i'm sort of new here as well, but you've certainly come to the right place to begin learning the tarot :)

tarot gimp

-blessed be

tarotgimp

Fudugazi said:
...I suppose tarot readers are like seas - some are tidal, some are not :D

Some are even tsunami :)

tarot gimp

Grizabella

I just read the cards regardless of the moon phase. I've honestly never paid any attention to what phase the moon was in and how it might have affected my readings.

But the mind is a powerful thing. If you think it makes a difference then it probably does. :)

tarotgimp

Grizabella said:
I just read the cards regardless of the moon phase. I've honestly never paid any attention to what phase the moon was in and how it might have affected my readings.

But the mind is a powerful thing. If you think it makes a difference then it probably does. :)

I'm on with that for sure. I read tarot whenever the mood strikes or I feel it necesary, i.e I need advice...of course I do get occasional requests from the PTB that I never ignore. I did that once and crap hit the fan and I had no idea what was about to happen to me. Anyway I digress...mainly i just wanted to see if anyone felt particularly "clairvoyant" with the tarot during full or new moon phases.

tarot gimp

-blessed be