Tarot Altar on the Wall... who is the fairest...

Tanga

Since I like it so much - I'm posting my Tarot Altar (on-the-wall) again. :)
It's still Yule on there presently.
I won't change it to Imbolc until the snowdrops come out in my front garden.

Anyone else got a specific Tarot Altar? (and would like to wax lyrical about it?)

And so... there are always some cards to look at and contemplate even when I've no time at all and can't be bothered to get anything out. The wall is opposite my bed.
I even have a selection of decks designated to this Altar use. (mostly decks that I like - which I find challenging to read with for one reason or another).

Attachments

• AltarTarotWall2.jpg.jpg
    AltarTarotWall2.jpg.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 229

Arnie

Not a specific tarot altar, but there's always a card making itself known on another (the) altar.

Tanga

Not a specific tarot altar, but there's always a card making itself known on another (the) altar.

So what's up presently? :)
And have you a photo of your Altar with said card on it?

Arnie

Thoth Queen of Discs (Pentacles), and I'll get a photo up when I get home. :)

Tanga

Thoth Queen of Discs (Pentacles), and I'll get a photo up when I get home. :)

I :heart: that card.
I hope one day - I might grow into that lady... Lol.

dawning_tarot

love your "Wall"

I have a string of tarot cards from both the Tarot ReVisioned and Lunatic Tarot hanging up in my bedroom. unfortunately I can't post a picture of it. they are both large profile type cards that I can't use for tarot readings, but love both of the decks too much to leave them hiding in a drawer some where

page of ghosts

I really like you little wall/altar, so nice and colourful. That very bright light blue colour that there is a lot of is one of my favourites :D I don't have anything up myself, but I do have a mostly empty small bookcase where I keep my decks in a chest so I might do something with it at some point. Would be nice to have a little place where I could keep some cards out.

Barleywine

The closest thing I have to a tarot altar is the credenza where I have most of my tarot books (there are two more bookcases with the rest and all my astrology books), the decks I use all the time, and a couple of tools (decan charts, pewter bell). The main claim to being an altar is my collection of natural quartz and granite stones, somewhat carefully matched, that I found along the road during our walks. The small ceramic figurines you see are my Cancer totems gathered from the Red Rose Tea "Nautical Wonderland Collection" that were packed into boxes of tea, and a rough black tourmaline. No room to lay out spreads here; I do that on my desk or on the bed in the room.

Attachments

• DSC00147.JPG
    DSC00147.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 164

Tanga

love your "Wall"

I have a string of tarot cards from both the Tarot ReVisioned and Lunatic Tarot hanging up in my bedroom. unfortunately I can't post a picture of it. they are both large profile type cards that I can't use for tarot readings, but love both of the decks too much to leave them hiding in a drawer some where

:) Yes - the one large card on the Altar is from The 'Golden Dawn Temple Tarot' (Farrell and Wendrich) when they only had the Majors out. I just loved the colours - but thought better of getting the whole deck once available.

I really like you little wall/altar, so nice and colourful. That very bright light blue colour that there is a lot of is one of my favourites :D I don't have anything up myself, but I do have a mostly empty small bookcase where I keep my decks in a chest so I might do something with it at some point. Would be nice to have a little place where I could keep some cards out.

Do you mean the card with the half Moon surrounded by black?
This is The Priestess card from 'The Tarot of The Tattvas' - or no... I think you're just commenting on the general light blueness. :)

The closest thing I have to a tarot altar is the credenza where I have most of my tarot books (there are two more bookcases with the rest and all my astrology books), the decks I use all the time, and a couple of tools (decan charts, pewter bell). The main claim to being an altar is my collection of natural quartz and granite stones, somewhat carefully matched, that I found along the road during our walks. The small ceramic figurines you see are my Cancer totems gathered from the Red Rose Tea "Nautical Wonderland Collection" that were packed into boxes of tea, and a rough black tourmaline. No room to lay out spreads here; I do that on my desk or on the bed in the room.

My eye was immediately drawn to all those wonderful rocks! :)
Woohooo!
Thanks for the picky.

Imbolc has been and gone - but I haven't changed the Altar yet, because there's been no snowdrops in the green bits around here. It's not Imbolc without snow drops - darn it! Maybe they died. Sigh. I'll have to plant some-more.
Oh - and look at that - The Hanged Man is one of the cards for Imbolc
(Gaelic Traditional festival marking the beginning of Spring - subsumed as one of the 8 modern Pagan festivals of the year. I am Pagan :) ).
How absolutely perfect for my general situation and frame of mind.

**P.S. I lied! There are snowdrops in my neighbours garden! I can change my Altar now :joke: