Chariot as what someone does not like about me?

Aeon418

Are there any other meanings associated with that card that have a negative connotation?
Negative Chariot and the threatened Crab...

Hard exterior shell/personality. Could exhibit negative behaviours as a form of self defence mechanism. Possibly aggressive when perceived to be under threat. Can't take criticism without the need for retaliation in kind. In relationships controlling, headstrong, possessive, or "clingy".

Midsummereve

Negative Chariot and the threatened Crab...

Hard exterior shell/personality. Could exhibit negative behaviours as a form of self defence mechanism. Possibly aggressive when perceived to be under threat. Can't take criticism without the need for retaliation in kind. In relationships controlling, headstrong, possessive, or "clingy".

Thanks for this.
I tend to see the 4 of Pentacles as indicating possessiveness.
I understand headstrong with the Chariot.

And I like "threatened crab"...

Aeon418

Thanks for this.
I tend to see the 4 of Pentacles as indicating possessiveness.
I understand headstrong with the Chariot.

And I like "threatened crab"...
Another angle you might like to consider is that, in some systems, this card is attributed to the Hebrew letter, Cheth. This letter means "fence."

This frames the Chariot as a card of boundaries. And in particular the boundary of our personality or ego. In a positive sense this boundary is moveable, flexible, and open enough to allow for personal growth and expansion. But this does also imply and a certain degree of vulnerability.

In a negative sense this same "fence" is a barrier or defensive perimeter that divides within from without. It is a rigid and self defensive character armour that shields something vulnerable inside. On the outside this same vulnerability manifests in self defence mechanisms that keep other people at a distance. This can be anything from general aloofness and coldness, to a harsh and hard kind of false over confidence that rides roughshod over other people and tramples them underfoot. But unlike real self confidence that allows vulnerability, this is just a hollow sham and yet another defence mechanism.

Sulis

Maybe you come across as someone who is so focused on getting to their goal that you don't really think about the feelings of others whilst you're getting there, you just plough through.. The phrase 'rides roughshod over the feelings of others' comes to mind..

Remember, that's not saying that you are like that at all, your question was 'what someone doesn't like about me?' so maybe this someone sees you as being like that or acting like that.

PeonyInLove

Perhaps it's suggesting that the negative attribute is restlessness? Like you're impulsive and hurried, you want what you want now sort of thing?

Aeon418

Remember, that's not saying that you are like that at all, your question was 'what someone doesn't like about me?' so maybe this someone sees you as being like that or acting like that.
This is one of the tricky points about The Chariot and the sign of Cancer the Crab. In the sign there are two separate "claws" in relation to each other that form one symbol. This could be said to be indicative of our view of ourselves from the inside, and how others see us from the outside. But the important point to remember is that these two are not separate things in isolation. They are one Unified Whole.

Individuality in isolation is meaningless, except in relation to Others.

Sulis

This is one of the tricky points about The Chariot and the sign of Cancer the Crab. In the sign there are two separate "claws" in relation to each other that form one symbol. This could be said to be indicative of our view of ourselves from the inside, and how others see us from the outside. But the important point to remember is that these two are not separate things in isolation. They are one Unified Whole.

Agreed.

Midsummereve

Maybe you come across as someone who is so focused on getting to their goal that you don't really think about the feelings of others whilst you're getting there, you just plough through.. The phrase 'rides roughshod over the feelings of others' comes to mind..

Yes, I understand. This is going into my Tarot journal too.
Thank you!

Midsummereve

Of course. Every thing/one is connected.

Very interesting, thanks!