Queen of Wands?

MusicalPisces

WalesWoman said:
The other thing I'd see as a problem is she can't delegate worth a hoot and insists on doing just about everything herself because she knows if she wants it done right (her way) then she has to do it... which makes everyone around her feel inadequate sometimes. She would never do that to anyone on purpose, because she is very warm and loving and loves to be needed. She needs to be needed I think and might need to make people feel dependent on her. She also might be so busy taking care of everything that she really doesn't have time to spend enjoying the people and things most important to her and she can't say no to a challenge or request for help. She can't let anyone down if it might tarnish her image... so she burns up and burns out if she isn't getting enough down time or... adulation, praise, gratitude and encouragement.
Wowww. That is so me. That makes complete sense...that has caused problems for us before...I tend to want to do everything myself, and he tends to want to do everything for me because "he's the man". Thank you so much WalesWoman. That sheds so much more light on the reading for me. :)

nisaba

MusicalPisces said:
I did a relationship spread on me and my boyfriend and got Queen of Wands for problem in the relationship to be aware of...
Someone who just can't help putting their ambition or their work ahead of their personal lives. The King chooses to do so - the queen just does, without even really being aware that she does.

WalesWoman

nisaba said:
Someone who just can't help putting their ambition or their work ahead of their personal lives. The King chooses to do so - the queen just does, without even really being aware that she does.
Oh that is really good!

nisaba

It's quite unpleasant to have to deal with.

starrystarrynight

Another way of looking at this queen in this situation if it doesn't represent another woman is that your boyfriend sees your lack of passion or capabilities (in his view, maybe not in reality) as a problem between you two. He wants you to be more like that queen, but thinks you aren't...especially in view of what you said about sometimes seeming emotionally disconnected from issues in the relationship. He could see that as your avoidance of facing things when he'd like to "fight" things out in order to solve the problems.

[Men tend to want to want to fix problems by stepping around the drama and getting to the crux of things, women tend to emotionalize and stew over them...that's just a generally accepted difference in the way the sexes deal problems and issues that I have read about in psychology studies and articles (I'm not claiming to be an expert on this!), and could be what the card is touching on here.]

Simply put: the problem could be that you are a woman and he is a man...so you each look at things from those perspectives, and that could lead to fundamental clashes that you can't really do anything about, except to learn to deal with them!

MusicalPisces

Thank you everyone for you responses!

starrystarrynight said:
Another way of looking at this queen in this situation if it doesn't represent another woman is that your boyfriend sees your lack of passion or capabilities (in his view, maybe not in reality) as a problem between you two. He wants you to be more like that queen, but thinks you aren't...especially in view of what you said about sometimes seeming emotionally disconnected from issues in the relationship. He could see that as your avoidance of facing things when he'd like to "fight" things out in order to solve the problems.

[Men tend to want to want to fix problems by stepping around the drama and getting to the crux of things, women tend to emotionalize and stew over them...that's just a generally accepted difference in the way the sexes deal problems and issues that I have read about in psychology studies and articles (I'm not claiming to be an expert on this!), and could be what the card is touching on here.]

Simply put: the problem could be that you are a woman and he is a man...so you each look at things from those perspectives, and that could lead to fundamental clashes that you can't really do anything about, except to learn to deal with them!

I really think this makes sense though...that's exactly how we are. Maybe that is what the queen's trying to tell me...thank you starrystarrynight! Now i just have to learn how to deal with it...lol