A new de-enabling thread

nisaba

gregory said:
78 card study - you HAVE to spend a week on each card, Nisaba..... and write them up. And post. I see no posts. You are being economical with the truth here, I think....
<innocent look> Oh, so thumbing through the deck such that I get to see the 78 cards in sequence doesn't count? Well, who would have known ...

gregory

nisaba said:
<innocent look> Oh, so thumbing through the deck such that I get to see the 78 cards in sequence doesn't count? Well, who would have known ...
Have a look. If you really promised yourself to do it for every new deck you get - well, leaving aside that that would really mean only one deck every 78 weeks, it would still put you off for life. I almost quit SO often - but I'm one of those idiots who has to finish even the books I am loathing, because I started !

My - this really is a good de-enabler..... :D

MysticalMoose

Folks, I am in need of a little help....

For a while now I have been drawn to the the Medieval Scapini, it's not my usual type of thing...but for some weird reason I keep going back for another look & thinking...."shall I?"....tell me why I shouldn't!!!! :bugeyed:

MM :love: x

gregory

MysticalMoose said:

For a while now I have been drawn to the the Medieval Scapini, it's not my usual type of thing...but for some weird reason I keep going back for another look & thinking...."shall I?"....tell me why I shouldn't!!!! :bugeyed:

It's too late to buy it. The original printing was lovely. The new one is on VILE yellowy card which makes it look really cheap and tacky. You would be so disappointed. You really would. (I know this because I bought the kit on sale just to get the book. I was horrified.The word travesty comes to mind.)

teomat

MysticalMoose said:

It's highly likely that you'll end up with the newer printing of the deck.

And it's truly dreadful...

All those tiny little images will be blurry. The 'gold' backgrounds looks awful. Really bad. The whole thing looks really cheap and nasty.

And even if you get the older version, the images look like scenes from a Roald Dahl book - and not in a good way. The Emperor is Stuart Kaplan. Scapini (and his family) pop up on several cards.

It may have once been classy, but it's just cheesy now.

thorhammer

Aside from the yellowy card . . . *slaps MM in side of head*

Whatta ya thinkin', woman? Just LOOK AT IT!!!!! Dear Gods, that 6 of Cups (not Coupe, not even the graceful Chalices!) is like my worst drunken nightmares woken and become reality! *shudder*

Who wants all those stiff, stuck-up Majors and Courts, either? Aren't you one of the foremost pro-DruidCraft upspeakers? Now, that's an expressive deck :) (*nods approvingly*) That one you can keep. Forget this horrid Scampini thing . . . sounds like seafood, must be bad.

\m/ Kat

MysticalMoose

*Ouch!* :bugeyed:

regains consciousness.....;)

Hmm, yellow cardstock?~ oh dear! I have never seen one of these in the flesh so I didnt know that, that sounds worrying....*sigh* & yes I see what you mean Kat about that 6 of Cups, it is rather a jumbled image! ~ I dont even know what it is about it that made me sort of want it. I have been hankering after something sort of *old* looking for a change. My usual favourites like DruidCraft & Anna K etc are very *earthy*....I have an urge for something *old/traditional or renaissance-y* & if it could be *old & GOLD* then even better ....Maybe I'll start a thread on that subject :D...for recommendations?

:p MM

gregory

MysticalMoose said:
*Ouch!* :bugeyed:

regains consciousness.....;)

Hmm, yellow cardstock?~ oh dear! I have never seen one of these in the flesh so I didnt know that, that sounds worrying....*sigh* & yes I see what you mean Kat about that 6 of Cups, it is rather a jumbled image! ~ I dont even know what it is about it that made me sort of want it. I have been hankering after something sort of *old* looking for a change. My usual favourites like DruidCraft & Anna K etc are very *earthy*....I have an urge for something *old/traditional or renaissance-y* & if it could be *old & GOLD* then even better ....Maybe I'll start a thread on that subject :D...for recommendations?

:p MM
Just go to the British Museum and look at the decks in there. MUCH cheaper - and older than anything you can hope to afford :D

MysticalMoose

:laugh:

Good idea!!!

It doesnt have to be OLD OLD! just LOOK old! I have just posted on my new thread an excerpt from Solandia's review on the Estensi which boggled my mind, it may be all the de-enabling anyone could want! :bugeyed:

MysticalMoose

Well Slap me with a wet fish!

Well thats it.....Someone take away my Visa card please. ~ I just lost all self-control.....

:bugeyed: