Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

RiverRunsDeep

It looks quite beautiful from the pics there. I'm intrigued by the "expired and rare infrared film" thing, too. Pity you can't see a few more cards though. I hope someone here has it and can tell us more.

Oh wait - here you go. http://www.invisiblelighttarot.com/images/

Some nice images and I can see the archetypes in some of them, others aren't saying much to me. The palette is very Starchild, but without the trippiness.

Oh, thanks for finding that link; I couldn't seem to find more than two or three pics when I was searching. I agree, some of the cards would flow easily in a tarot reading. Others are silent, or seem more like an oracle. I'll be holding off for now. It is a bit pricey!

bonebeach

Anyone here has the Mutational Alchemy Tarot? I'm so tempted, and yet so filled with doubt :(...

We have such similar tastes! I craved that deck HARD for a while. Tempted, but filled with doubt. It was reasonably priced, last time I checked.

The reason I didn't get it was that the creators were over on the Thoth forum for a bit and I found their style of engagement quite off putting. Lovely weird deck, though.

FLizarraga

:bugeyed: I'm tempted too! There is a lot to unpack there. You should get it and report back. :D.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to prevent, actually... ;)

Whoah! :bugeyed: Lots of wieners and bazongas.

Funny, I was like 'What are they talking about?!' Because, yes, I had noticed that there was some nudity, but since I don't care one way or the other it didn't really register.

We have such similar tastes! I craved that deck HARD for a while. Tempted, but filled with doubt. It was reasonably priced, last time I checked.

Ain't it something? :D

Yes, the price is very reasonable, too. Not Lo Scarabeo cheap, but low for an independent deck --and one so well done, apparently. A LOT to ponder. And those colors!

The reason I didn't get it was that the creators were over on the Thoth forum for a bit and I found their style of engagement quite off putting.

Well, let's say that the creators of some of my favorite decks are, well, more than a little off-putting. But age has taught me not to throw the baby with the bathwater.

Plus people on the Thoth forum are usually discoursing in the High Speech of the Noldor, anyway, so even if they were being unpleasant to me I probably wouldn't even notice.

Dee Ell

Funny, I was like 'What are they talking about?!' Because, yes, I had noticed that there was some nudity, but since I don't care one way or the other it didn't really register.

Yes, the price is very reasonable, too. Not Lo Scarabeo cheap, but low for an independent deck --and one so well done, apparently. A LOT to ponder. And those colors!

Well, let's say that the creators of some of my favorite decks are, well, more than a little off-putting. But age has taught me not to throw the baby with the bathwater.

Plus people on the Thoth forum are usually discoursing in the High Speech of the Noldor, anyway, so even if they were being unpleasant to me I probably wouldn't even notice.

The only card I was like WHOA with was the Prince of Blades I believe it was (guy with the rooster head) 😶

Strangely a lot of people seem to be under the impression that this hand painted deck is CGI and dissing it for that - I can only assume it's due to the color palette which as an artist I think it's used very effectively! (I'm not one for bright, garish colors I just for the sake of attention-grabbing but these are definitely used with purpose)

"High Speech of Noldor" 😂 check out this thread and you might get why I'm laughing even more:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=245699 Both of the creators contribute there and there's some interesting discussion about the deck which may help you make up your mind.

And why does it feel so deviously satisfying to have inadvertently enabled deck obsessions? 😈 (maybe because I'm always doing it to myself exploring the interwebs?)