My First Blushing Fool!!

Debra

missy said:
Thanks, Debra! :thumbsup:

Debra, are there a total of three types of Fools?

1. The "normal" Fool that we see on an everyday U.S. Games deck
2. The Cream-faced Fool
3. The Blushing Fool

Or is the Cream-faced the same as the normal?

Dunno. I don't have an everyday U.S. Games deck. :p

missy

Debra said:
Dunno. I don't have an everyday U.S. Games deck. :p

!

Oh dear! I feel as though I shall faint ...

So all of your RWS are vintage, then?? I must get another. })

My first is from the early 90s though that hardly makes it vintage.

Be careful gloating, though, or I shall have to get out my wet washcloth and fwap you about the face with it. I did it to someone in the de-enabling thread the other day and it woke them right up. }) Of course, if I had only vintage RWSs I would be gloating, too! :eek:

Debra

What is "vintage"?

Is it a fancy word for "used"? Or "old, but not old enough to be antique"?

The blushing fool deck was new when I got it in 1971. It was a birthday present. It's got coffee stains.

The other I got more recently. The cards are pristine. What's inked on the box is a woman's name, and "from" another person's name, and this: "11/7 - 11/20/77."

Beats me.

The wet washcloth threat only works on wimps. ;)

coredil

missy said:
My first Blushing Foll!!
Congratulation missy :)

Just out of curiosity, may I ask you where do you have the term "Blushing Fool" from?
From Fulgour maybe?

BTW did you know that there is a blushing High Priestess too ;)

Here some high resolution scans from two Blue Box RWS in order to compare the usual creamy faces and the blushy faces (left: blushy, right: creamy)

Best regards

Attachments

• BlushingFoolAndHighPriestess.jpg
    BlushingFoolAndHighPriestess.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 446

photokat

coredil said:

Just out of curiosity, may I ask you where do you have the term "Blushing Fool" from?
From Fulgour maybe?

Here some high resolution scans from two Blue Box RWS in order to compare the usual creamy faces and the blushy faces (left: blushy, right: creamy)

Best regards

Looks more like a Rashing Fool? Allergy Fool?

Wendywu

I think I qualify for a quick gloat - my Pam B Fool is gorgeous. The colours in the whole deck knock spots of the Original Rider cards, and are actually better than those in the British Blue box (which I also have).

So missy - a new goal?

missy

Debra said:
What is "vintage"?

Is it a fancy word for "used"? Or "old, but not old enough to be antique"?

Good question! :D I was bandying the term about to mean older RWS, but I think technically it means ... hmmm. In trying to research the term "vintage" there were so many different definitions. One said over 100 years was antique, less than that was vintage.

I just meant older RWS decks; perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "vintage." :p They use it on eBay a lot, though, so that makes it okay, right? :D A "vintage Cheeto in the shape of Jesus's face" for instance. :D

Debra said:
The blushing fool deck was new when I got it in 1971. It was a birthday present. It's got coffee stains.

The other I got more recently. The cards are pristine. What's inked on the box is a woman's name, and "from" another person's name, and this: "11/7 - 11/20/77."

Beats me.

The wet washcloth threat only works on wimps. ;)

Ahh, the washcloth "threat." :laugh:

I am much too sleepy to engage in any sort of washcloth attack this a.m. Coffee is suiting me just fine. :D

missy

coredil said:

From Fulgour maybe?

Best regards

Hmmm, perhaps ... I have quoted or linked to him and others in the past about RWS. I seem to remember other people mentioning blushing Fools as well?? Much as I am doing now. :)

Seems Stuart Kaplan's four-volume "The Encyclopedia of Tarot" also mentions Blushing Fools, which is where I think the term originated (or at least was documented).

Ah, and my High Priestess looks like that one! She appears to have a sunburn. :p

Oh, and even my Fool's hands are blushing. He really should have taken care to keep out of the sun or to wear sunscreen. :eek:

missy

photokat said:
Looks more like a Rashing Fool? Allergy Fool?

:laugh: :D

Yes, I'm afraid he looks as though he needs his Benadryl. :eek:

missy

Wendywu said:
I think I qualify for a quick gloat -

Full-fledged gloating is FINE. :D

After all, these older RWS are beauties, and what you have is a PAM B!

(((Don't be afeared of my washcloth ... it's virtually harmless except in de-enabling. }) It is, after all, only a washcloth ... [although while it is wet and fwapping about it is something to avoid, at least to the face! :eek: ] )))

Wendywu said:
my Pam B Fool is gorgeous. The colours in the whole deck knock spots of the Original Rider cards, and are actually better than those in the British Blue box (which I also have).

Oh my! A new temptation ... obsession ... oh no .... !

Wendywu said:
So missy - a new goal?

Yes ... *stammers* ... but aren't those TERRIBLY expensive? :bugeyed:

I would LOVE one, of course, but I'm thinking they are hundreds of dollars, which is way beyond me!