Wow. Just wow.

gregory

Anyone else having no luck viewing the ebay item? When I click on the link up comes an ebay info that states they have to block certain items to certain countries. I've come across this with WWII memorablia but never tarot!

He only mails to the US.... Maybe that does something ?

Item no is 230695453754 - try signing in to ebay.com ?

roppo

I suppose the pack is "A" judging from the Wheel of Fortune card. I'm sure a number of people are ready to pay 2000 USD for the set.

moonbear

He only mails to the US.... Maybe that does something ?

Item no is 230695453754 - try signing in to ebay.com ?

Thanks for the suggestion gregory....unfortunately I still get the 'item access restricted in your country' info even going straight to ebay.com and putting in the item number.

I'm not intending bidding so no harm done but I would have liked to see it.

gregory

That is WELL weird. I'll try and grab the pictures....

ETA here you go. Enjoy.

Attachments

• ebay images.pdf
    126 KB · Views: 171

moonbear

That is WELL weird. I'll try and grab the pictures....

ETA here you go. Enjoy.

A very big thank you for that gregory. Much appreciated.

I'm not well versed on the Rider Waite but that looks like one beautiful old deck.

Laura Borealis

Not conclusionless and not a thread :D

I think that makes the C the cracklebacks. Which this one has.

Interesting article, but I thought the theory about the crack in the stone for the Sun had been exploded. :D

PS And thank you for asking for scans!
It's not that I doubt the authenticity, but if I were a potential buyer I'd want clear pics... :p

gregory

The crack theory is very much under discussion - by Jensen at least ! I back Ric Minetti on the subject myself (which is the same as in the Alligo book.)

Laura Borealis

I'll have to read up on the issue then. I can't remember where I read it, but I remember a lithographic artist weighing in on the topic... I suspect this isn't the place to discuss it, though. :p

Still no bid on the eBay deck...

gregory

I'll have to read up on the issue then. I can't remember where I read it, but I remember a lithographic artist weighing in on the topic... I suspect this isn't the place to discuss it, though. :p

Still no bid on the eBay deck...

I have those details somewhere..... I think it may have been OnePotato....

- but as you say - OT.

ETA but since you mention it it's in this thread. Posts 230 etc and thereabouts.

Glitterbird

Oh man I would love to have this - I wonder if my husband would notice if I sold my car?......