Anyone know this Lo Scarabeo Rider-Waite??

Freddie

Hi All,

Has anyone ever seen this deck before or know anything about it? It looks quite odd I must say.

Freddie

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!lsE2FLOWwqjBN)j2fek0w~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!lsE2FLOWwqjBN)j2fek0w~~_12.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 261

cardlady22

:laugh: I love the blue borders!
*watching with interest*

Dusk Till Dawn

I remember there beeing a thread about a strange LS Centennial edition RWS, I am not sure, but it could be this one. I can't find it.

Zephyros

The borders do add a nice twist to the familiar images. What is the black line on the Fool?

gregory

I am pretty sure that is one of the ones they put out in collaboration with Fabbri/Orbis for a magazine collection. The centennial one isn't like that at all. Search for that on alida as Centenary Special Rider Waite Tarot.

I'll just go upstairs and look...

OK - I take that back for now - Mine has beige borders. But I still think it is one of those.

rwcarter

I am pretty sure that is one of the ones they put out in collaboration with Fabbri/Orbis for a magazine collection. The centennial one isn't like that at all. Search for that on alida as Centenary Special Rider Waite Tarot.

I'll just go upstairs and look...

OK - I take that back for now - Mine has beige borders. But I still thing it is one of those.
Hmmm, by the box alone, I would've thought Fabbri/Orbis. I'm sure Le Fanu will know as he seems to know more about the F/O decks than anyone I've run across.

Le Fanu

I know it! I foolishly passed up the chance to buy one in a 2nd hand bookshop up the road from my house. Then when I went back it had gone. But yes, it's a LoS/Fabbri/Orbis deck. came with the magazine series.

But dashing out for dinner right now and my other half's getting restless....

More later! :*

Freddie

I am curious to know what is on the back of this deck. This looks bigger than the magazine 'Visconti' I have. I have seen some of these with 'The Emperor' on the back, but that wouldn't seem to match this one.

Freddie

Le Fanu

When you say "back of this deck" do you mean back of the box or back of the cards? I have also seen the Emperor box but the Emperor box has the usual multi-language titles. This is the Italian only edition (I'm guessing it was Italian only but I have seen it here)

I doubt the Emperor is on the back of this box as all the ones in this series I have seen have only LoS/Fabbri/Orbis written on the back.