Dates for yellow box RWS printings?

Sword King

I recently won a yellow box RWS on ebay among a five-deck lot. From the searches I've done so far, I've managed to narrow its dating down to 1980 - 1985. It's printed in Switzerland by Muller; has ISBN 0-913866-13-X; has the 38 East 32nd Street addy in the LWB; appears to be non-laminated and matte; and is the 19th printing.

Is there a matrix or chart somewhere with the various printing dates? I've searched here for threads to that effect and have come up empty handed so far. Any help would be appreciated!

rwcarter

RWS Deck Post-1970 Publishing History is the best resource I've seen. Being the 19th printing of the LWB, I'm guessing that the cards have USG copyrights on them. (As far as I can tell, they started appearing on either the 16th or 17th printings. I have a 15th printing without copyrights and a 17th printing with copyrights.)

HTH,
Rodney

Abrac

Teheuti created a list and it's posted somewhere but unfortunately I can't remember exactly where. (Ah, thanks Rodney :))

Look at your cards and see if there are copyright notices in the borders. There are some 32 Street versions with copyrights and some without. I think the ones without are probably older. I've got a 28th printing (East 32 Street address) with copyright notices in the borders.

For whatever it's worth, the 32 Street versions went until 1987 or '88. I was able to get a librarian at one of the branches of the Stamford, CT public library to look in their old phone books and see when US Games is first listed in Stamford and he said 1988.

Sword King

Thanks to you both! Yes, there are very small copyright marks along the borders.

The thread you both referred to is the one I used to narrow down the age span, but it doesn't look like there's a definitive list yet of printings versus years. I wonder if USG has that information available in its archives somewhere.