Magic the Gathering RWS

Yineth

You know what I'm getting off from these cards? They're camouflaged :D

When the cards are placed face-down, any passerby would only see their backsides which show the Magic logo. No one would second-guess a deck of Magic cards!

[I don't know. I just thought it would be a nice way to 'hide' someone's Tarot interest by replacing the back with MtG card backs instead.]

rwcarter

If they weren't legit, I think that USGames would've been all over the Magic folks for copyright infringement. As I barely know what Magic the Gathering is, I have no idea how useful a tarot deck would be for the game though. The seller did re-list the deck with a starting price of $49.99, but no one bid on it then either.

rwcarter

I ended up getting a copy of the deck for the $19.99 starting bid from the same seller. They must not have been happy about that because they listed another deck with a starting bid of $59.99.

Anyhow, the deck looks like a bad photocopy of a Rider Waite deck. It's 2-1/2" x 3-7/16" (62mm x 87mm). The backs are laminated but the fronts aren't. It's a nice size (bigger than the mini RWS and slightly shorter and wider than the deck that comes in the Complete Tarot kit) to have, and it's nice to not have the USG copyright on the fronts of the cards. Actually the USG copyright is nowhere to be found.

Byrdie

My guess is that it would really mess up a game of Magic: The Gathering to have someone throw in a camouflaged tarot card. :)