Justice's Eyes.

MagsStardustBlack

I think the word has more than one meaning :.)

If it is too bright you may squint 'half shut the eye',

Or if someone has 'squint eyes' they have an eye that deviates.

I don't know why Justice's eyes are not pointing in the same direction, it's a bit wierd that there appears to be no reason. Oh well, it will be a mistery. Maybe Pamela used one of her friends as a muse for Justice, and they had a 'squint eye'?! :.)))

spiraling

Perhaps it illustrates Justice's use of intuition when examining the subject placed before her. She assesses whoever/whatever with regards to its present level of being and its future potential (the eye wandering towards the right) for growth towards a higher level of being simultaneously, in order to mete an according level of 'justice'.

Eeviee

Around here, we call one eye sliding off to the side a "lazy eye".
Usually it's due to a weakness of or injury to one of the eye's muscles. While one of the eye's muscles may be strong, the other may be a bit weaker and the person looses ability to focus or direct its movement. Tiredness can often intensify the effect/control.

I believe it may also be hereditary.
When my SO is exceptionally tired, sometimes one of his eyes will drift off a bit to the side. Usually he can "rein" it back almost immediately.
His mother has the problem quite a bit more frequently, and a bit more extreme where it is quite noticeable and she seems to have little control (or notice) of it.
Her father had it as well, but due to his age and health his irises and pupils never lined up accurately, always leaving one eye a bit off to the side.

Sometimes, it makes people look creepy. It reminds me of the phrase "shifty".

...Food for thought.

spiraling

I doubt such a relatively minor human affliction could be applied in a meaningful sense. I would wager that it signifies Justice's proverbial 'blindness'... which is a form of intitiation into seeing that which is beyond the material, like you know, the future and/or 'karmic' state of the subject.

veniteangeli

I pulled Justice from my Radiant Rider Waite just to have a look, and what struck me about her eyes was just how... weary she looks. I know Justice is famously blind, but she also strikes me as so very, very tired. Perhaps she's tired of dealing with trivialities, with disputes and with disagreements, despite the fact that as Justice, that's all she ends up doing. Perhaps her hands are tired from holding up the sword and the scales. But since this thread is about her eyes, that's what I noticed. She's just so tired.