Hermit/Virgo: "special" attribution?

Zephyros

Looking at the other cards and paths, it seems most of the astrological attributions serve to complement the letter or general idea by saying the same thing differently. In the Hermit, however, it seems something far more exciting is going on! Yod, the infinitely concentrated point, the father, Hadit; wedded to Virgo, Demeter, Nuit, the infinite expanse waiting to be galvanized by the seed. These two seem to complement each other quite differently than in other paths.

With the Hermit concentrated on the Orphic Egg, it really does almost seem as if he is about to enter it. Could it be said that this stage is the "denouement" of the alchemical couple?

Grigori

Could it be said that this stage is the "denouement" of the alchemical couple?

I'm interested to hear others opinions on this. I usually view the majors as a series, and so would see Universe as the denouement. However maybe I'm misinterpreting your meaning as I had to google 'denouement' to find out what it means :D

Zephyros

Let's talk about sex })

I'll try to explain what I mean, even though I doubt I understand it thoroughly myself. Most the other attributions seem to complement each other, rather than act as counterparts. For example, Tzaddi as the Emperor and Ares, male and male and male. Saying almost the same thing but differently. Or the Chariot as Cancer, or Empress as Venus.

Virgo is the only sign that is both ruled by and exalts a planet, in this case Mercury. Yod being attributed to Virgo is interesting as it recalls perhaps the male entering the female, Hadit swimming in Nuit's expanse, the tiny point of sperm swimming in the infinite womb; the two are opposites rather than counterparts. Virgo is, depending on the source, either Persephone or Demeter (I favor the latter), a goddess who both rules and is the earth itself. Mercury, as the Hermit, enters Hades (and consequently, Demeter herself) and brings out the spring of Persephone.

Vlrgo is also Yod's female counterpart as unlimited potential, and of course the Queen and Binah to Chochma's Knight.

All this may be very obvious to some, yet it really (eventually) clicked for me, after reading that this card depicted the "mysteries of life." By denouement, I guess I used the wrong word (sometimes you're positive a words means one thing, when it means quite another) but what I meant was perhaps the "wedding night" of the couple.