"Do Your Will" -- What this means

treedog

I use Unto Nu as a little blessing or dedication. Indigenous teachers taught me to always say a special word (that means thankyou for allowing me to experience that; event, sight, understanding, incarnation, existence, the whole of one's life etc.).

But it isn't just for me that experience;...

Yes, to all that you say. Letter back home, indeed. "Pilamia" is a Lakota word that I use. It's thanks for this cup of water, for making me a breath, for making a world and putting me in it. Same expression. Cultivating gratitude is a good thing.

ravenest

When one realises ones life is at the discretion of nature one shows thanks and appreciation. When one abuses nature, already one is beyond thanks and appreciation ... and rather lost.

treedog

When one realises ones life is at the discretion of nature...

And now, returning to our discussion about Thelemics and Will, how does this realization of life being at the discretion of nature play out on a Tuesday morning over coffee?

Do your will, when personal will may be a dubious or temporary construct, somehow comes back to a great big amazed thank you (for me, today). If it weren't for paradox there'd be no music at all.

ravenest

And now, returning to our discussion about Thelemics and Will, how does this realization of life being at the discretion of nature play out on a Tuesday morning over coffee?

If one lives at the discretion of nature one will have 'morning' but might not have 'Tuesday' or 'coffee' . (well not good coffee ... I tried to do it ... blerk ! )