The fool & Aleph follys doom is ruin

Richard

Aaaaa ! The GD needs a kick up its pompous colonial ignorant self-referential arse sometimes (as much as I love their work) e.g. their comments about the lack of spiritual wisdom and occult knowledge in the southern hemisphere :rolleyes:
There is something a little different about the southern hemisphere. Too much blood flow to the brain or something. :joke:

Attachments

• southhemi.jpg
    southhemi.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 84

Zephyros

I was taught Vav and Tav, but I kept seeing Vau and Tau, so I was starting to think that I had been taught wrong. I do know that Tau is the name of the Greek T. I'm slightly more familiar with classical Greek than Hebrew, but that ain't saying much.

It actually does say much, and I believe that's where the problem (not yours!) comes from. If I am not mistaken, U did not exist as a separate entity until quite late in history, and this is why V is often seen, for example in frescoes, in place of it (for example IESVS).

I'm probably muddling things, though, as I know neither Latin nor Greek (Graecum est, non legitur) although I can pretentiously quote Latin snippets from The Name of the Rose.

Teheuti

May I recommend Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum? I believe all the secrets are revealed there.

Richard

It actually does say much, and I believe that's where the problem (not yours!) comes from. If I am not mistaken, U did not exist as a separate entity until quite late in history, and this is why V is often seen, for example in frescoes, in place of it (for example IESVS).

I'm probably muddling things, though, as I know neither Latin nor Greek (Graecum est, non legitur) although I can pretentiously quote Latin snippets from The Name of the Rose.

Yeah. Greek had a U (upsilon: Υ) but no V, and Latin had a V but no U. Vav (ו) is a mater lectionis, one of those many technicalities that make learning Hebrew maddeningly difficult for westerners.

Richard

May I recommend Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum? I believe all the secrets are revealed there.
I've been meaning to read that. I just now ordered the Kindle edition. Thanks.

Teheuti

Anubis 777, I believe all the GD "secrets" are out there except the ones that people make up so they can tantalize others with what those people don't know.

The original GD fragmented around 1900 - so after that point the higher initiations were ones created by various individuals. Wasn't it Paul Foster Case who made the point that he could find all the GD "secrets" in books and the library, and his supposed revelations of higher grade secrets were just things he had found in his independent research.

ravenest

True intent of millenial masters revealed !

I've been meaning to read that. I just now ordered the Kindle edition. Thanks.

My favourite bit is at the end where ..... }) Nah! Its too good to spoil but I am sure (someone like) you will LOVE it .

ravenest

There is something a little different about the southern hemisphere. Too much blood flow to the brain or something. :joke:

Ahem! My dear LRichard .... it has to do with the flow of the magnetic field.

The extra blood flow is unrelated to any perceived lack in spiritual development (or cathedrals or inquisitions) it is a natural response to the larger brain size and the extra mental capacity requiring an increase in oxygen.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/fR3uBZcRoKU/hqdefault.jpg

Richard

Anubis 777, I believe all the GD "secrets" are out there except the ones that people make up so they can tantalize others with what those people don't know.

The original GD fragmented around 1900 - so after that point the higher initiations were ones created by various individuals. Wasn't it Paul Foster Case who made the point that he could find all the GD "secrets" in books and the library, and his supposed revelations of higher grade secrets were just things he had found in his independent research.
The library of the British Museum is probably where Mathers got most of his information for HOGD. Waite practically lived in the library for several years, which is where he met Mathers. P. F. Case was a fierce opponent of the idea that secret societies are the sole repositories of esoteric knowledge, as is explained in his book The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order. Everything is out there somewhere, even more easily accessible since Crowley and Regardie published 'secret' HOGD material.

Richard

Ahem! My dear LRichard .... it has to do with the flow of the magnetic field.

The extra blood flow is unrelated to any perceived lack in spiritual development (or cathedrals or inquisitions) it is a natural response to the larger brain size and the extra mental capacity requiring an increase in oxygen.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/fR3uBZcRoKU/hqdefault.jpg
LMAO! Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes: