Hello Im new

brainacid

Its an honor to be present here. I should receive my deck tomorrow. I purchased the Pocket edition. I also have Lilo's book. I am a newbie and dont know anything of the Tarot. Im interested in using the power of the cards to explore more of my subconscious and grow my intelligence. I found an application online and I testify that the power of the cards even exist digitally. I hold a question, do a small ritual before using my left hand on the mouse to draw one card from the digital deck and boom, accuracy and surprise. I cant wait to have my deck. So far it has shown me more of myself that I was hidding out of dissappointment and self created confusion. Im clearing up more and more each moment I use the app (eiksoft.com/eik/tarot.htm). So I cant imagine what it will be like when I handle the cards themselves. Looking forward in meeting interesting folks here. I live in Augusta, GA and im 29 y/o male. I also have Mirror of the Soul and use it also to get another perspective on the meaning of the cards. Its truly fun and I enjoy it. I am grateful this forum is here as well.

ravenest

Oooo first post , so; hello and welcome to the forum, first off.

Sounds like you are going to enjoy your deck ... as soon as I first saw a Thoth it was ; 'I NEED that ! ...for ....reasons' :)

It is a mad and often deep party going on here ... with 'humour' - so enjoy the ride acid brain ... I mean brainacid ;)

brainacid

Thanks for the welcome. Just saying...I have never tried acid. I just came up with the nickname a long time ago. LOL :)

Richard

Thanks for the welcome. Just saying...I have never tried acid. I just came up with the nickname a long time ago. LOL :)
I tried cannabis, but I didn't inhale. :joke: Anyhow, welcome to the forum!

brainacid

I look forward in sharing my experiences I have with my deck. I like the crowd so far. I just finished my canabis usage last week after 12 years of use. I feel better than ever. I even cleaned up my diet and started lifting weights. Lots of inner work going on. Trying to break free from a prison I made for myself a while back.

zhan.thay

I tried cannabis, but I didn't inhale. :joke: Anyhow, welcome to the forum!
I tried acid but I didn't hallucinate. Go figure. I was already a tripper.

Welcome, brainacid. Have fun with your deck and ask lots of questions here - many knowledgeable people (not me). In case you decide to study the deck's creation and philosophical foundations there are a few threads mentioning great books and online resources. But for now, my advice would be just use your deck and have a great time.

ravenest

I look forward in sharing my experiences I have with my deck. I like the crowd so far. I just finished my canabis usage last week after 12 years of use. I feel better than ever. I even cleaned up my diet and started lifting weights. Lots of inner work going on. Trying to break free from a prison I made for myself a while back.

Good on you !

Now you can start enjoying the 4 L s ;

LIGHT, LOVE. LIBERTY, LIFE.

(Wands, cups, swords, discs.) ;)

Zaia

Oooh, someone in the same boat as me! (Hi brainacid *waves*) I should be getting my thoth deck at the beginning of next week...and it is genuinely like waiting for Christmas when I was six.

Looking forward to hearing how you find it; no doubt I shall be chiming in with my thoughts, too.

I've also ordered the Lon Milo Duquette to go along with it (I've read some of his other stuff, and really rather enjoy his style), as well as the Book of Thoth...does anyone have any other good recommendations for further reading?

Richard

.......I've also ordered the Lon Milo Duquette to go along with it (I've read some of his other stuff, and really rather enjoy his style), as well as the Book of Thoth...does anyone have any other good recommendations for further reading?
Do you have DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah?

Zaia

Do you have DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah?

I don't (and honestly, could do with something Qabalah related that won't make my brain melt out of my ears) - I shall have to keep my eyes open for that, I reckon.