Who wants a reading?

TarotCraft

Which life lesson(s) am I supposed to be learning these days? :)

The Devil.

On the Tree of Life, the path of the Devil connectes Tiphareth (consciousness), with Hod (intellect) the intellect. I see this as the light of understanding overriding ignorance, superstition and the lower ego self. This path is a bridge between your day to day self and your spiritual self, between normal and higher consciousness.

The Devil represents what most people think is 'real', the material world of limitation and form. (Capricorn is the zodiac sign attributed to the Devil and it's planet is Saturn. Saturn is a planet of limitation of both time and matter.)

Crowley's Devil is particularly focused on creative and sexual energy and using that energy to traverse the 26th path. This could literally be something like tantric sex or kundalini yoga, or simply getting more comfortable with your creative and sexual self.

TarotCraft

Should we move interstate?

The specific question I asked was "Would it be wise for Tarotlova to move interstate?"

The Empress

The path of the Empress is the path between Binah and Chokmah. This is the union of the male and female forces to create existence. On an everyday level, if you are thinking would it be good for the family to move, or if you are hoping to have more children, I'd say yes.

Some people say the Empress is a card of duality but I think she is one of triplicity. One one hand, she is the Supreme Darkness, like the darkness experienced by the gestating baby. On the other hand, she is the Gate of Light, as witnessed by the baby being born and beginning it's journey down the Tree. On the third hand, on the Path of Return, we move through dark sea of Binah back into the light of Chokmah.

It feels very much like there are a lot of pros and cons to moving and family reasons to consider. Whether you stay or go doesn't really matter. The important things is whether the move will allow you to move in whichever direction is important for you personally and spiritually. Sometimes we need to continue to gestate in the darkness and other times we need to move into the light. You might need to go a little backwards in order to move forward.

It feels to me like there is somethng you have to complete or have closure on before you can easily move forward into a new chapter.

TarotCraft

Should I add bicycling to my current exercise routine?
(thinking of buying a bike, but just unsure if I would be able to juggle it into my regimen)

Six of Swords
Science
Mercury in Aquarius

Mercury and Aquarius get on well together and the underlying theme of the Sixes is success through effort. So I'd say a big yes on the question.

However! Let's consider WHY you asked the question. I'm guessing you have a lot on your plate and all that Mercury/Aquarius energy is showing you lots of different options and ideas and they all seem too good not to pursue. Chances are, you're throwing effort at a lot of different things and they all seem to be payig off, but the fact that you're here asking this question suggests to me that you are approaching overwhelm and burn out. You're questioning whether you can actually do this thing.

So while it would seem that adding cycling to your exercise regime would pay off, maybe you need to drop something to make way for it because I think there be a negative cost otherwise.

Cat O'Cups

The Devil.

On the Tree of Life, the path of the Devil connectes Tiphareth (consciousness), with Hod (intellect) the intellect. I see this as the light of understanding overriding ignorance, superstition and the lower ego self. This path is a bridge between your day to day self and your spiritual self, between normal and higher consciousness.

The Devil represents what most people think is 'real', the material world of limitation and form. (Capricorn is the zodiac sign attributed to the Devil and it's planet is Saturn. Saturn is a planet of limitation of both time and matter.)

Crowley's Devil is particularly focused on creative and sexual energy and using that energy to traverse the 26th path. This could literally be something like tantric sex or kundalini yoga, or simply getting more comfortable with your creative and sexual self.

Wow. That's pretty cool. That might be it!

"This path is a bridge between your day to day self and your spiritual self, between normal and higher consciousness."

Lately I've been very aware of how I feel I'm "trapped" between two worlds, or dimensions. Because I've seen glimpses of what's behind the veil, and this whole materialistic "normal" world makes me think of words such as illusions, sleep walking, "the matrix".. I feel like such an alien living in a world where, for ex, people will rather spend their money on refurbishing their houses to stay in fashion, than spending it on helping someone who has nothing. But I still live in this "dimension" (pretending to not think they're acting totally crazy, hehe) - out of habit? Out of fear?

By the way, my life path number is 9, so in the Major Arcana I'm "The Hermit". A loner, searching for answers and truth. Fits pretty well. ;)

Thanks for your very fascinating reading, I will definitely look into this 26th path. :)

TarotCraft

Should I move back to my cabin or find a new abode.

I asked three questions:

1. Would it be wise for Ravenest to move back to the cabin

2. Would it be wise for Ravenest to find a new abode.

3. Would it be wise for Ravenest to make no change for the present (I am assuming you are not living under bridge in manner of troll or some such).

1. The blank card - that's the one with a hexagram on it. I always include a 'blank card' so I actually have 79 cards in the deck. The blank card tells me to 'wait'. You don't have all the information yet that you need to make this decision. Maybe the cabin is not fit for habitation at present? In any event, don't pass 'Go'. Don't collect $200. "You shall not pass!". Get the picture?

2. The Hermit, reversed. I don't normally read reversed cards but this one seems to want to be read reversed. This puts the three headed dog at the top of the card. I hope you don't mind but I'm not going to try and read logically, I'm just going to tell you what I feel about the cards. Don't live on your own at this point. You need people and activity around you. If you decide to look for a new place, it may be an interim measure but be around other people and activity. Don't be a hermit. Embrace life and others for a little while at least. The Hermit is path 20/Teth. Adjustment path 22/Yod also feel out of the deck while I was shuffling. They are opposites on the tree. Maybe you need to give some consideration to the lessons of path 22 in order to resolve the bigger issues around this question.

3. 7 of Wands. Valour. Jupiter in Leo. Is staying put possible? Jupiter in leo suggests to me that you need to be the bigger person in this situation. Maybe fight it out for a bit longer. This is a pretty positive card. I don't think you need to move yet (unless you are actually living under a bridge, troll-fashion) (Then, yeah, move.).

TarotCraft

Thanks for your very fascinating reading, I will definitely look into this 26th path. :)

You're welcome Cat O'Cups. I think the paths are fascinating. It's taken me a long time to begin to begin to learn how to understand their lessons.

ravenest

I asked three questions:

1. Would it be wise for Ravenest to move back to the cabin

2. Would it be wise for Ravenest to find a new abode.

3. Would it be wise for Ravenest to make no change for the present (I am assuming you are not living under bridge in manner of troll or some such).

1. The blank card - that's the one with a hexagram on it. I always include a 'blank card' so I actually have 79 cards in the deck. The blank card tells me to 'wait'. You don't have all the information yet that you need to make this decision. Maybe the cabin is not fit for habitation at present? In any event, don't pass 'Go'. Don't collect $200. "You shall not pass!". Get the picture?

2. The Hermit, reversed. I don't normally read reversed cards but this one seems to want to be read reversed. This puts the three headed dog at the top of the card. I hope you don't mind but I'm not going to try and read logically, I'm just going to tell you what I feel about the cards. Don't live on your own at this point. You need people and activity around you. If you decide to look for a new place, it may be an interim measure but be around other people and activity. Don't be a hermit. Embrace life and others for a little while at least. The Hermit is path 20/Teth. Adjustment path 22/Yod also feel out of the deck while I was shuffling. They are opposites on the tree. Maybe you need to give some consideration to the lessons of path 22 in order to resolve the bigger issues around this question.

3. 7 of Wands. Valour. Jupiter in Leo. Is staying put possible? Jupiter in leo suggests to me that you need to be the bigger person in this situation. Maybe fight it out for a bit longer. This is a pretty positive card. I don't think you need to move yet (unless you are actually living under a bridge, troll-fashion) (Then, yeah, move.).

Thank you ... interesting and I will take the advice in 1 (for as long as I can) and also the advice in 2 ... I rail against that but also see the need (good perception ! )

as far as 3 goes, I will relay your advice to the owner who is immanently arriving (?) in a moving truck with a heap of stuff including a piano - who knows , maybe the truck wont get up the mountain.

Thanks jellybean - great reading :) ... I will let you know what happened

TarotCraft

haha!

Out of curiosity, what is your connection to the owner? Is it someone you know?

And what's wrong with the cabin that it's not easy to live there at present?

I kept thinking about the three headed dog on the Hermit card all day while I suffered through my family Christmas festivities. The three headed dog is a Shin! I'm too tired to analyse that in the context of the rest of the Hermit card, but a Shin is 3 Yods :)

Maria Tarot

Are you still offering readings?
If so I would like to ask, What's the possible upshop for me and V?
Thank you :)

ravenest

haha!

Out of curiosity, what is your connection to the owner? Is it someone you know?

Only through being the landlord. But we have a good relationship with that and try to help each other when we can, they have been impressed about what I did here.
And what's wrong with the cabin that it's not easy to live there at present?

Feral facilities , harder to live there .... I have been ill for some time and its hard to get on there and I don't really get any help.
I kept thinking about the three headed dog on the Hermit card all day while I suffered through my family Christmas festivities. The three headed dog is a Shin! I'm too tired to analyse that in the context of the rest of the Hermit card, but a Shin is 3 Yods :)

Yes ... it makes a nice little camp fire that shin. As far as Christmas and family goes ... lets not mention it .... I already got it off my chest in 'Get it off your chest'.

In my other life, before I escaped from the city, I worked in a hospital, and always worked over xmas ... the things I saw that happened at Christmas (not just car accidents) - but between family members ... even at Christmas dinner ... would be enough to curl ones toes !

- NOT my fav time of year!