Magical Correspondances.

ravenest

I have a question.

Tobacco ... I get that , I understand the connections , especially with Mars (and it went well in Rite of Mars to invoke Mars as an incense).

But I am not clear on coffee ... and why coffee and tobacco go 'so well together ! ' :smoker:/coffee

The only thing I can come up with is it isn't the coffee itself its something lodged in the processing (related to copper) ... but I tried (supposedly) organic coffee ... but that was even better!

Richard

........But I am not clear on coffee ... and why coffee and tobacco go 'so well together ! ' :smoker:/coffee.......
I don't dare even think about that too much. I'm a tobacco addict :smoker:, but I've been clean for 15 years :angel:.

Zephyros

~sigh~

Taken together, they have been shown to be a laxative. I guess it's a "purification ritual?"

kwaw

“O coffee! By the mighty Name of Power do I invoke thee, consecrating thee to the Service of the Magic of Light. Let the pulsations of my heart be strong and regular and slow! Let my brain be wakeful and active in its supreme task of self-control! That my desired end may be effected through Thy strength, Adonai, unto Whom be the Glory for ever! Amen without lie, and Amen, and Amen of Amen.”

Aleister Crowley, John St. John
http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib860.html

Grigori

Coffee contains caffeine and Tobacco contains nicotine as some of their active constituents. Caffeine is a stimulant, working on the central nervous system improving energy, alertness, strength, and endurance. Nicotine is also a stimulant, releasing sugar and adrenaline into the blood stream, increasing alertness, reducing anxiety. It makes sense to me that both substances used 'recreationally' to increase peoples ability to 'get up and go' would be attributed to Mars and the 5th Sephira. Probably also there is some gender bias involved, tobacco at least being more typically consumed by men in decades past.

I'd also classify each as 'bitter' and so from a Chinese 5 element perspective would be related to the Fire element, along with other bitter or spicy flavours (black pepper, chilli, etc..)

I suspect a double shot soy latte with a vanilla shot and cinnamon on top may not be purely martial however ;)

ravenest

Thanks .... got my answer in LESS than half a year :)

Coming in to the other half of the year my breakfast will change to porridge from the NY breakfast *

New York breakfast ; cup of coffee and a cig. ... as opposed to the Manhattan Island breakfast; pot of coffee and packet of cigs. ... blerk!

Zephyros

Or another traditional breakfast, a stiff Long Island Iced Tea, nothing on the side

Karrma

Gotta love those herbal concoctions.

ravenest

According to the law of correspondences, the thing with irish coffee is;

the more you drink, the less it matters

(how much trouble you are in) })

Apparently the correspondences between alcohol and tobacco are 'favourable' as well ?