Words behind the 'Art' Card?

Lillie

Well, as I don't have my own pack to check, I couldn't be botherd to find a picture of the relevant card on the net, so I didn't check what the card actually showed.

It's just one of those 'Grahame Hancock' crazy alien/ufo theories really.

The Giza plateau is riddled with natural tunnels and fissures, but I doubt that the 'hall of records' actually exists.

Lillie

Ok.
Now I have a pack of cards again, and I have Crowleys book.
It as confusing and as obscure as it ever was.

On the universe card it does show 3 pyramids. and a strange line diagram.
The book says this is '...the skeleton plan of the building of the house of Matter. It shews the ninety two known chemical elements,...

Nothing about tunnels under the pyramid.

Where did you hear/read that?

knightofrainbows

amazon.com

underground alien bases- commander x

it`s all about the earths interior and underground cities, it talks about the tunnels and how there guarded by trusted secret societies,
when crowley was initiated in egypt for something it could have been something to do with that maybe, i dont know.
the cards are supposed to be a secret history in symbols

Diwha

Underground

Hi all
I read that the tunnel entrance was in Tibet somewhere, in the Himalayia mountains. I believe that everything is possible. What permits me to say that such a thing, or anything is impossible. I believe I can transform Hell into Heaven with a strong conviction, and maybe even convince others to help me......

Diwha

Vincent

Diwha said:
Hi all
I read that the tunnel entrance was in Tibet somewhere, in the Himalayia mountains.
What tunnels?

And, despite his assumed irrelevance in such matters, what does Crowley have to say about it?
Diwha said:
I believe that everything is possible.
Why do you believe that? It is patently not true.

For example, do you believe that it is possible for some things to be impossible?

Is it possible that you are utterly wrong?
Diwha said:
What permits me to say that such a thing or anything is impossible. I believe I can transform Hell into Heaven with a strong conviction, and maybe even convince others to help me......
If you believe that, then why would you need to convince others to help you... shouldn't they just fall into place behind your convictions?

Vincent

knightofrainbows

i believe you can convince yourself of anything, but its obvious the secret societies do hold secrets. I believe that underground cities exist, and that IS possible.

Diwha

Hi Vincent

I believe that it is possible for you to believe what you do.
Thank you for your opinion, I believe it is possible for me to respect your opinion also....Thats what makes this world so amazing and interesting.

Thanks
Diwha

Dean

Art The Art of improving your situation in life.

MikeTheAltarboy

Am I right in thinking these "pyramids" are those on the Universe card? I've always thought they were the periodic table; that's what they look like.

-Michael

Windhorse

Just getting a little bit back on track.... although far be it for me to stomp on such creative and diverse multi-dimensional conversation.... :)

Back to XIV ART and VITRIOL.....

In my reading and research on Alchemy and Alchemists, I have found that the phrase "visita interiora terrae rectificando invenies occultum lapidem" was a common formula known amongst medieval & renaissance practitioners of spiritual alchemy. Not only does it point to the magical substance known as Vitriol (which of course, itself was an allegory for this phrase), but it also describes the seven steps or phases of the alchemical operation, ie the seven steps that one must go through in order to turn lead into gold, for example.
A good introductory book on the history and meaning of Alchemy is Dennis William Hauck's "The Emerald Tablet".
Of course, a lot of alchemical stuff was based on the hermetic texts, and there are numerous translations of the Hermetica out there. And of course, the philosophical links with the neoplatonism of Plotinus' "The Enneads" and the various gnostic texts from the Nag Hammadi Library are also present.

So the Golden Dawn didn't 'invent' this clever little code - they were students of Alchemy after all!

And this is all allegory, this has to be stressed. The Alchemists of medieval times and onwards were primarily interested in perfecting themselves, using the parallel operations that perfect base matter into perfection.

There is no need to take such things literally, and believe that there is hidden tunnels and chambers in the Earth. It is all metaphor, and meant to be understood on such levels so that we create meaning for ourselves in order to perfect our own individual selves!!! After all, what lies hidden in the 'inner earth' of my soul will be vastly different to what is found in YOUR 'inner earth'.

To make assumptions that it points to secrets within THE Earth (the objective world rather than the subjective world) amounts to nothing but homogenity and enforcement of a singular truth, rather than the plurality and diversity of poly-culture. There are many truths, many people, many ways, many roads - not just One. The parallels to what certain parts of society would like to enforce on the rest of us is obvious.

I too am an Archaeology Major - and specifically a Major on Egyptology - and have to say that the notion of secret chambers is ludicrous. Don't get me wrong, the idea is romantic and much more interesting than the dry, academic truth. I mean, Indiana Jones would be as boring as bat-guano if we stuck to the literal truth of archaeology, wouldn't it? But by taking a different approach, and placing a 'Well of Souls' in the City of Tanis, we get an exciting and sexy adventure of good vs. evil.

There's nothing wrong with a little speculation - but let's not start believing our own fantasies - coz then we start to encroach on the realm of the 9 SWORDS: "Consciousness has fallen into a realm unenlightened by Reason. This is the world of the unconscious primitive instincts, of the psychopath, of the fanatic." (Crowly, Book of Thoth, p. 208)

So perhaps we should remember that literalism has no place in magic and spirituality - allegory and metaphor are a part of Art. Like Temperance, it speaks of not going to extremes. Walk the middle path between literalism and speculativism, between objectivity and subjectivity. Bring the two together in the correct measure, and you create something that is more than merely the sum of its parts!!! Remember that 2 things create the line, and what is the line other than merely the connection, the relationship between the 2 parts, that which holds the two parts together.... remember the (VI).... solve et coagula.... yin and yang.... that which binds us and guides us is what creates us....