Tarot meanings associated with Health

nisaba

<smile> You're very welcome. My brain might be a mess, but it has some Useful Stuff in there somewhere.

juno-lucina

A deck dedicated to the health meanings of the Tarot

Just thought you might be interested in this thread in the Tarot Deck Creation forum--

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=163150

--it's for a new deck in process called The Healing Tarot.
Blessings,
Juno

nisaba

A member of the forum whom I shall not name, drew my attention back to this thread in a PM. Thank you for your comments - you know who you are.

Zephyros

A nice experiment which I... haven't made is to use the astrological associations on the cards to pertain to health matters. This could be fun in the pips. For example, the Four of Wands is attributed to Venus in Aries. Aries traditionally has head complaints, while Venus rules over the throat (or, according to other sources, venereal diseases). I don't know enough about either medicine or astrology to connect the two, but a little research into the subject could be very interesting.

ShelJT

Thank you!

Hello all. I joined Aeclectic Tarot because I am getting back into Tarot reading after many years away from it, having been totally burned out by being a telephone psychic But mostly, I joined to thank Nisaba for her amazing health-related interpretations of the cards. What a brilliant resource, Nisaba. I am more grateful than you could know. Namaste!

canid

This thread brings to mind two books that describe the health aspects of specific cards - 'Tarot Reversals' by our own Mary K. Greer, & 'Power Tarot' by Trish MacGregor & Phyllis Vega. 'Tarot Reversals' encompasses not only Rx'd cards, but upright, sideways & all around. I think the title should be changed because it's certainly NOT just about reversed cards. This could be a stand-alone tarot book. Highly informative.

Rosebud2012

One way is to relate the majors to astrological signs and their rulerships e.g:

Emperor-Aries-The head
Death-Scorpio-The sex organs
The Devil-Capricorn-Teeth and bones

Hermit aside from being ruled by Virgo and thus relating to the digestive system it's the card of an interest in health matters but also hypochondria and signifies someone recovering from an illness as well as every infirmity of old age.

The Magician and The Lovers are both ruled by Gemini but Mag relates more to the brain and the Lovers is linked with the nervous system, the respiratory system and tests for diseases.

I know the 10 of Wands means sickness (as in being sick) I don't know if all the tens relate to similar bugs or viruses.

Fool-Hysteria
High Priestess-Body fluids
Chariot-Accidents, wheel chair users
Justic-Libra-Kidneys and lubar regions
Strength-Good constitution OR be aware of your health
Hanged Man-Drug addiction
Temperance-A combination of treatments are required
The Devil-Deep depression
Tower-Nervous breakdown
Moon-I've known this to be an abortion

All pents-The Body
2 Pents-Paranoia, the eyes
4 P-Constipation
Five of Pents-The questioner is in a state of illness right now (had it for a broken leg)
9 Pents reversed-Cancer
Q Pents reversed-Problems with hearing

All Wands-Stress and inflamations
Ace Wands rev-Erectile difficulties
6 wands reversed-Personal hygiene
9 Wands-The strongest card of the minors, good resistance to infection but also a state ofparanoia

Cups-Emotional states
The 4 of Cups could be nausea, it can also mean disgust at ones own symptoms
8 Cups-Antidepressants
9 Cups reversed-Overdose?

Swords-Afflictions which effect the mind
Ace Swords-The time I got this for death it jumped out really strongly, usually I think it either means the need for surgery or ironically-triumph over illness
3 S-Psychological problems
4 S-A diagnosis
6 S-Ease of symptoms
7 S-An unusual or tropical disease, a disease which is misdiagnosed
8 S-I can tell you from my own experience this relates to obsessive compulsive disorder and/or social anxiety
9 S-Womens troubles (conception difficulties etc)
10 S-Paralysis

Thoughtful

Nisba, just found your post on health and the tarot. Its brilliant and as you point out it does not over step any medical boundaries.
Well done you for what must have taken a long time, especially in coming to the understanding of what each card represents healthwise.
A huge thank you for sharing your work with us.

Pique Dame

I was just looking for a thread on health readings and found this. Thanks so much, nisaba, for such an informative post! Do you use reversals when reading? I just did a health reading (mostly majors, if that means anything) and mostly reversed. Do reversals change the meanings of your interpretations in any way?

nisaba

I was just looking for a thread on health readings and found this. Thanks so much, nisaba, for such an informative post! Do you use reversals when reading? I just did a health reading (mostly majors, if that means anything) and mostly reversed. Do reversals change the meanings of your interpretations in any way?

I haven't used reversals for decades - I don't seem to need them any more.