Best Bargains

JylliM

Same! I found an original Mythic kit in a charity shop for $10. I gave it to my daughter but I don't know what she did with it.
Then not long ago I found an Elemental Tarot (Caroline Smith?) in a different charity shop for $1. The box had nothing to identify that it was a tarot deck, no writing, just a pattern, but my radar was on, and I swooped! Not really a fan of the deck, unfortunately!

nisaba

Tarot of the Cloisters. After it went out of print. Brand-new, still sealed. $8 Australian, including postage.

I blame Gregory, myself.

Michellehihi

Oh yes! I found a Balbi for 5$ that a lady was advertising in the local newspaper, and a Cagliostro for $15.

rwcarter

so have you found a deck somewhere in the past that you have said wow I cant believe I found it at this price?

( I am not asking you to share websites that you have found them but just saying have you found them and if so, do you treasure them and are proud of them? did you get that warm fuzzy feeling like I did when I found mine of oh my gosh? its infront of me)
There's Best Bargains over in Tarot Decks where I detailed how I got

• Beasts of Albion with sealed cards
  • Merlin Tarot
  • Celtic Tarot (Davis)
  • Alchemical Tarot, 1st edition with sealed cards
  • Greenwood Tarot with cards that look like they've never been used!
all for $44. So I got a Greenwood for less than $9. The Greenwood doesn't really do anything for me (and, no, I'm not selling mine cause I might change my mind at some future point), but I'm proud of the bargain I got, and I treasure the deck even if it doesn't move me.

Rodney

Citrin

Yup, I've had the Fez Morroccan, Servants of the Light and first edition Swedish Witch, all bought on Swedish eBay for like 22$ each. :) All traded now though...

MizGrace

That's great! its wonderful when things happen out of the blue I not one to be sharp and on the radar for these decks like some of you have said. I wouldnt spot them usually but this had a huge box and the text on it said Tarot in bold font so I spotted it. I have now realised its really worth looking more.
I am starting to hunt because I really do enjoy artwork I dont want to have a collection tot he moon and back but, if it happens it happens. I find it my only true bargain find the Bohemian animal tarot I finally opened it last night after putting it off and my Gosh! I was stunned by the artwork and love it. I wasnt sure as the minor cards werent drawing me in firstly then I got to the Major Arcana and it all made sense. I love the gold edges too what a lovely final finishing touch.
I will have a look at best bargains. I am not use to wandering my own town I tend to have my head in clouds when it comes to tarot because its not something that has always been a thought of mine to look at or look for simply because I only knew of a few decks the ones that you see in a shop infront of you or advertised on a tv show.
I didnt have internet access for a good few years and I just had no idea there were so many decks out there. I thought they were all standard with rider waite images or french style nothing in between.I was ordering from Tescos online at the time and my sister bought me a deck from there. Those ideas were one sin computer games and available only in our wildest dreams. I am gradually being pointed by people to look further beneath my nose even they are right infront of you and why dont I notice them.
I was very lucky that out of town I decided to have a rummage and that was what I found.
I love colourful decks because that is my soul I am a colourful person. hopping off to see this link to bargain decks.

MizGrace

I traveled outside my usual city to a market a lady had a Bohemian Animals Tarot deck mint sealed.asked price, she didnt want it at all as market was closing I got it cheap,plus some tarot bags I wonder if members here made the bags. I bought for £2.00 I havent had a tarot bargain ever . I have paid original price or a percentage of during their sale day. Nothing majorly cheap.
Thank you for member to sending me to this thread.

MizGrace

I dont know if I just got some bargains or not I bought

The Cosmic Tarot Box bumped shelf storage but cards as new. 1993 11.00 plus postage 2.60
Spiral tarot new box slight shelf wear1998 £5.75 plus postage £2.80
Voyager tarot 1989 and book for--£13.00 with way of the great oracle book

I mustn't spend now I don't know I becoming addicted to buying tarot this could be dangerous. I now feel a pain in my stomach thinking did I do the right thing and hey that is grocery money. I feel stupid.

Barleywine

I've bought a few steeply discounted decks from New Age Discount Books (they occasionaly advertise their sales here on the forum). I got Navigators of the Mystic SEA for around $5, and good deals on Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal and the Ciceros' Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot. The warehouse store in Connecticut isn't too far from me, so I used to stop there. Haven't been there in a while, though.

Alta

MizGrace's thread from Talking Tarot has been merged with this one.

Alta