How to set up as a Proffesional Reader?

Vanchica

Oh, that is HYSTERICAL!

nisaba

A man of great taste and skill. I'd let him give me a vasectomy in an instant! (I'm female)

MagsStardustBlack

Mags - maybe you should expand your practice like this guy:

(found on the internet)
Oh my gosh I love him, that is sure to catch people's eyes hehehe

MagsStardustBlack

Iv just made a website and published it yaaaaahooooooooo. But I can't post the site link, or name? I think, because that would be advertising, but I just wanted to say a huge thank you and big hugs for all of the advice and encouraging words :love:

Yaaaahooooooooo :)

Magsxx

lisaxtiffany

I thought about this for a while and want to do it. I heard a lot of people tell me that it's scamming, but I don't believe that. I believe Tarot readings provide insight to certain situations and can give others an "aha" moment or provide healing. I've never paid someone to give me a card reading before but have had my palms done. I was wondering if I could do an etsy shop or something and charge based on the spread. I do need extra money and am studying to be a counselor...

MagsStardustBlack

I thought about this for a while and want to do it. I heard a lot of people tell me that it's scamming, but I don't believe that. I believe Tarot readings provide insight to certain situations and can give others an "aha" moment or provide healing. I've never paid someone to give me a card reading before but have had my palms done. I was wondering if I could do an etsy shop or something and charge based on the spread. I do need extra money and am studying to be a counselor...
You will get people who say negative things, I dare say there are scammers out there. But if you want to do something you need to locate the depth of your own feelings on the matter and they will guide you as to how to proceed.

I am doing a counselling diploma too. I separate the two ways of thinking as they are not compatible, even though I am training in the person centred approach. People who seek tarot, May not seek counselling, the ethical framework of each shares some principles but are vastly different.

An etsy shop sounds lovely by the way, I have seen the tarot reading shops on etsy, seem like a good way forward :)

Grizabella

I've heard that Etsy shops don't bring many readings. I don't know for sure if it's true because I haven't tried it. But I think a website or Facebook might be a better solution, although maybe doing all three would be a good idea.

To set up as a professional reader, just get some business cards made up and put yourself "out there" as a reader. It may be a slow start, but just keep at it and it can build.