Will we need an Extra-Terrestrial card?!

tarotbear

Chances could also be that every civilization contains it's own form of creation myths, legends, McDonald's French fries, etc., so with their myths would also come symbolism peculiar to them ... perhaps their own version of tarot or oracle cards ... would be fascinating to see what they could look like ...

Zephyros

Ironically, it could be Crowley was right, and aliens would fit in Thelema pretty well. If previous religions postulated a single life-giving star, Crowley postulated infinite numbers, every individual being essentially a god-sun. One more civilization or a thousand, it wouldn't make any difference, so his "updated" Tarot is big enough in its scope to handle it, at least from a human point of view.

tarotbear

A 'human point of view' - you puny earthling?

:joke: :p

danieljuk

I wonder if the Happy Squirrel card could cover ET's! :D

earthair

In a Tarot forum in a Galaxy far far away, I bet people are discussing how to simplify their 342 card deck of 5 dimensional cards down to something that fits a being with only 2 hands and a single brain. The are wondering what happens if other beings don't have 15 elemental suits, don't have 4 genders and don't do turn-inside out cards...

tarotbear

I wonder if their Death card means Death?

earthair

What if they don't die?

ravenest

What ? ? ?

The same way we have a 'non-fazledrurg card' ?

(How can you have a non-card for something you dont even know about? )

Hmmmm .... I am beginning to think this thread isnt serious ?

ravenest

What if the aliens are telepathetic ?

Tarot readers would be out of work ... there would be no need to ask someone;

'What does the cute guy at work think about me?'