Can a Death or the World Outcome ever be Reversed ?

gregory

Either card can simply be the end of the situation as it now is.

Change it or lose/end it, sort of thing. IMNVHO :D

Nikita_

There are many many pieces of literature and stories concerning that transformation ...ER rooms ,cardiologists and surgeons are privy to many...

And I know many people are not going to like this, but when cardiologists, surgeons and so son " revert " death, it is simply because it wasn't really meant to happen then.... doctors are not God, they can only do something if it's in accordance with universal laws, just like the rest of us...

gregory

Sorry but I absolutely do not buy into universal laws.

Except gravity, and that only up to a point !

Nikita_

Sorry but I absolutely do not buy into universal laws.

Except gravity, and that only up to a point !

Well, call it destiny, fate, astrological conjunctions, DNA, then, whatever you like....

Ruby Jewel

There is only one card mentioned...Death...

I agree with your Letting Go... but even that is not final...
What is being let go of...
The love , the angst, the situation, the relationship built around controlling,a boss,a slave...?

For me, every change requires that a little death takes place.

What do we learn from our knowledge of death? We learn that it is inevitable and that nothing we do will change it. We also learn that we don't know and "cannot" know what follows death. Trying to read a "new life" into it is a projection of our desire for more....a denial of death and a wish for an alternative.....such as transformation.

Letting go of attachment....to a relationship, a material object, this life.

Ruby Jewel

That' s a view that I share entirely-as tarotbear would say, fatalistic maybe, but realistic.

The Buddha says that all our suffering is due to attachment...whether it is to a material object, money, a relationship, this lifetime...... We don't know what comes after death. All that we imagine about that can only be a projection of our wishes or fears.....including fatalism.

Nikita_

The Buddha says that all our suffering is due to attachment...whether it is to a material object, money, a relationship, this lifetime...... We don't know what comes after death. All that we imagine about that can only be a projection of our wishes or fears.....including fatalism.

Very cruel, if you consider that it seems to be part of human nature to form attachments-whether to people, places, or things....

Nikita_

What do we learn from our knowledge of death? We learn that it is inevitable and that nothing we do will change it. We also learn that we don't know and "cannot" know what follows death. Trying to read a "new life" into it is a projection of our desire for more....a denial of death and a wish for an alternative.....such as transformation.

Again-I think I said it before, but I'll say it again-I think this is a straightforward, definitive answer to the original question.

Amanda

One of my very few certainties concerning tarot to this day has been that, no matter whether it can or can’t foretell the future, whenever Death or the World come up, eg in a relationship reading, it signals the unnegotiable, final word on that question, and from there, there is no going backwards-nor forward.
I am wondering if anybody has experienced anything that can contradict this theory and prove it wrong…for instance, a relationship where Death (or the World ) had come up in the outcome or future position, that has been resurrected….

Maybe if Judgment was clarifying it/following it. (Can't remember personally though, so can't speak to that. The World RX and Wheel RX were a pair that predicted a serious condition would not change, and ultimately that condition was fatal, so there was no going around that.)

Ruby Jewel

Very cruel, if you consider that it seems to be part of human nature to form attachments-whether to people, places, or things....

The Devil card represents attachment...the attachments begin to live you because of the powers you invest in them. I don't think there is any kind of "healthy" attachment. You don't have to be "attached" to something for it to be with you. In a relationship when we "attach" to each other it is called a symbiotic relationship which is the Devil. You can love without possessing. In fact possessing is the opposite of love. Attachment is a compulsive need. That compulsive need causes suffering. If you let the bird go free it will come back.....and they do if for no other reason than to thank you.