Knight of pentacles

koolchick

Could knight of pentacles indicate someone who is deceptive and got something to hide like a different side to them that they don't want people to know about?

I'm again starting to try to learn to read tarot. Yesterday I did a little reading about a man my mum used to go out with. Not going into detail but the knight of pentacles came up as the past. Everything I read in books about what this card means fitted the way he wanted everyone to see him, but he also had a secret to hide that only very few people knew about him.

headincloud

I don't think that fits the description of the Knight pent but could do with other cards such as the tower rx, moon, high preistess, 7S, magician rx, heirophant rx and many others. He may be represented by the knight P as one aspect of his personality but there will be other influences too.

Thirteen

Private rather than deceitful

Could knight of pentacles indicate someone who is deceptive and got something to hide like a different side to them that they don't want people to know about?
Yes, but I wouldn't use the word deceptive. I'd used the word "private." Pentacles are either conservative/traditional OR want to belong to the conservative/traditional status quo. Unlike say, Wands, they don't want to stand out, be seen as different, unique or strange. And they certainly don't want to be on the "outside." Meanwhile, Knights are ambitious. Even fanatical. They're the ones, after all, who fight for their suit. So this is someone who not only believes, strongly, in what his suit stands for (tradition, community, status quo) but would argue strongly for it.

What that means is that he would be very ashamed if there was anything about him that wasn't considered "normal" by the community. And he would hide that. BUT this isn't "deceit." Deceit is what the Knight/Swords does. He keeps secrets, misdirects and tricks in order to gain an advantage and win against his opponent. That's not what Knight/Pents is doing. He's keeping a secret because he feels it's not right, worthy or good. And if someone finds out, he'll lose his place and position and chances. He is "private" not "deceitful."

intuitivetarot

I have been pulling this card for myself for the past few months. I'm still not completely sure what it means for me, but this knight is detail oriented, hardworking, and the slowest of all knights. It is very committed and caring 102%. If at all you pull this card, then this character also exudes a sense of stability. But being a knight and not a higher ranking individual may be indicative of the break in a past relationship of his. Maybe he came out of a still not all the way mature relationship, like with drama and shit like that.

tarotdpw

Everything I read in books about what this card means fitted the way he wanted everyone to see him, but he also had a secret to hide that only very few people knew about him.

Pentacles are the Earth suit and, for me, they're all about slow change, especially the kind that takes a lot of work. Knights are the person in the suit who has a bit of experience, but is still working to become 'king'. Maybe this person wanted everyone to see him a certain way, but knew deep down that he wasn't there yet. Yes, he was working very hard to reach that goal, but this secret kept holding him back.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

koolchick, please check your PMs.