Is the Tower worse than three of swords?

Charlie Brown

I agree

I agree with EmceeDirector that The Tower is not inherently negative. Changes and shifts in one's foundation can feel and be scary, but, often, they are ultimately beneficial. Peace.

IndigoWaves

Do we actually know what we are talking about?
Nope. :D It's all for the OP to decide on. (Which is what I like about this forum: ideas and impressions tossed about, etc., etc., etc...)

Ruby Jewel

Nope. :D It's all for the OP to decide on. (Which is what I like about this forum: ideas and impressions tossed about, etc., etc., etc...)
Yeah, me too....I like just throwing out what the cards mean to me....good brain exercise. I'm glad you agree with me and I don't have to worry about it now.(laugh)

Rachx

Um...you must have had a very happy home with loving relations. I used to DREAD going home to visit my parents (before I got married and had my own home). I knew whatever I told them I was up to, they'd tell me, with totally honestly, how disappointed they were in me. 3/Swords each and EVERY time. Once it was so bad that, when I was alone again, I curled up into a literal fetal position of mental and emotional agony that lasted for hours. A truth I knew I'd hear from them, dreaded hearing it, and sure enough, got stabbed with it right through the heart when I got up the courage to go home and face them.

That's why the 3/Swords is there at home. Because the people who are in the home are the ones who can hurt you the worse. They're the ones who know all your buttons, and secrets, and background. They can say that one thing which will go right to your heart and leave you bleeding for a very long time.

If you've not had this happen to you in someplace that sometime in your life you called home, with people who were supposed to make that place your home...if going home has always been right for you, never wrong...then you've been very, very lucky.

Hi Thirteen - such mixed messages and sadness. I am so sorry to hear of your early home life. No wonder you are so insightful and a genius intuit. You must have been very vigilant as a child being able to pick up on the most subtle of messages from your folks. Trying to gauge how they were feeling constantly- my heart goes out to your inner child- the silver lining being your talent with insight.

Rachx

Reading different messages I feel we are all coming from a different story line.....I don't have a clue as to what Rachx is referencing here...does anybody? Do we actually know what we are talking about?

Hi Ruby, the uniqueness of Tarot readers, different perspectives and insights. It's great for learning. Everything brings new dimensions to a reading. X

Rachx

Hi Rachx!

Actually for me, the Tower is a positive card; when we allow our unstable thoughts and beliefs to crumble we are actually left with a solid foundation upon which we can rebuild our lives. If this were me, I would go with the Tower because the card already has a divine influence and support already built into it. Only good things can come after the Tower crumbles! Hope that helps!

Hi Emcee, yes I can see Tower as an opportunity card because it shakes a belief built on our ego. Maybe I am living to a belief or value blindly - without really working out if I agree with it or not. Maybe something instilled by the Hierophant during childhood. So maybe I am thinking about doing what I "should" do - my "duty" which is instilled through childhood and blind acceptance so I have never really investigated if it's right for me and it fits my values and ethics or am I just doing what I'm told by society is "right". This brings in what Ruby said "to thine own self be true". Tower could be me living to someone else's (parents/societies) beliefs about what I should do or be. Tower turns up and shakes these beliefs to the core and makes me think deeply about whether they fit my own values and belief system. This might be why Tower is sometimes a self- esteem and self-worth kind of card. We build self worth and self esteem from living our own values. Maybe Tower points out those " you shoulds" so I can decide if I want to live by them or not. - which is what I am thinking in this case... so, yes an opportunity to learn and grow I do agree and need to face the fear! X

Rachx

I agree with EmceeDirector that The Tower is not inherently negative. Changes and shifts in one's foundation can feel and be scary, but, often, they are ultimately beneficial. Peace.

Thanks Charlie Brown. It's how we respond to the Tower that matters then ..so I am going in acceptance and hoping for Peace - after the storm! Xx

Rachx

Whatever it is that's making you want to leave is coming to a head and about to burst (Tower)... Like a big ol' cyst... Making you want to run and hide your face... But you'll get through it, discover more about the situation and yourself, and find great value. Going home, on the other hand, would induce pain that may be ongoing... Knives grating on flesh... Maybe the pain of never knowing what might have been possible, or what never really was.

Definitely - if I go home I miss the Tower experience and opportunity for growth but will be home to face the knives grating on flesh - which is true in this case (teenage son!) great analogy for the 3 - it does feel like that - like fingernails down a blackboard. However home is my refuge too and where I feel safe. Just am I feeling chicken? Lesser of two evils..argghhh

Rachx

My home is my castle, it is my sanctuary and refuge, it is just me. My safe place. Sometimes it is my hermitage which isn't always healthy! The pain of coming home will be delivered by my teenage son (Kn swords in this spread). He is more priority and makes "coming home" more dutiful and "right" than "staying there". He is meant to be staying at his dads while I am "there" I am now about to head off "there" and I have actually packed for both eventualities - staying and coming home [emoji33]

I think I now see the Tower as an opportunity for growth of my own self worth - as a way of facing my "shoulds" and duty and deciding if it fits into my value system or not. If it does then I will come home and face the 3 swords from my teen! I must say - the insight from working this out with the help of everyone has been amazing. Thank you Aeclectic xxx

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby, the uniqueness of Tarot readers, different perspectives and insights. It's great for learning. Everything brings new dimensions to a reading. X

I agree. What I find a little awkward though is that sometimes we get into conflicts over differing perspectives when in actuality we are all coming from an imaginary narrative....our own. There is something kind of strange in that for me, and I'm just wondering if anyone else felt it.