Golden Tarot

retrokat

I'm sure Jeanette at Tarot Garden will ship to Finland, and given her regular contact with them, no doubt she'll manage to get as many copies as she needs from the first release. So my suggestion is to order through her if you want to be sure. :)

Hopefully the second edition will be produced much quicker too, now all of the technical printing problems have been sorted out.

Kissa

Another one for Tarot Garden

retrokat said:
I'm sure Jeanette at Tarot Garden will ship to Finland,

he he he ... I sure hope so ;) !!!

Aure, you should definitely try and contact Jeannette or Dan at Tarot Garden. You have probably heard of this online store already. At the beginning of my tarot carrer ;) , I thought it was cheaper to order from Europe but because of the delay and/or the reduce range of tarot available, I've turned to the US. Tarot Garden offers a personal service, you know there are "real" ppl on the other end of the line. In addition, those two have "Tarot in their blood" so you can be sure they're going to try their best and have the Golden Tarot shipped to the Moon for you if you want so! :)

Kissa

PS: Signed copies are available from Tarot Garden, this is an unbeatable argument for your husband ... It is like a hockey helmet signed by Selänne ... ;)

Edited to add: i suppose you tried to order ir from Suomalainen Kirjakauppa. There are two "Golden tarot" with the same ISBN and one is said to be LoScarabeo/Llewellyn... I don't get it, it is US Games??!! Forget it, go straight to TG... You will get it sooner

Aure

Re: Another one for Tarot Garden

Kissa said:

PS: Signed copies are available from Tarot Garden, this is an unbeatable argument for your husband ... It is like a hockey helmet signed by Selänne ... ;)

Edited to add: i suppose you tried to order ir from Suomalainen Kirjakauppa. There are two "Golden tarot" with the same ISBN and one is said to be LoScarabeo/Llewellyn... I don't get it, it is US Games??!! Forget it, go straight to TG... You will get it sooner

Unfortunately (or then not) my husband has no interest in sports... Atleast not in the sports men usually are interested in (he likes bicycling and all kinds of car stuff), so I can't use the comparison you offered...

I actually was thinking about ordering the deck from Bookplus, it's a really large online bookstore that can be found at http://www.bookplus.fi/ I've been able to get books that otherwise would be hard to get from there. However, it has already taken them three weeks and still no sign of my RRW or Bunning's book...

Actually, Suomalainen Kirjakauppa (Finnish Bookstore) once answered me when I inquired would it be possible to order tarot cards from them that they 'can't quarantee that they could deliver such items because sometimes contacts in for example America refuse to send such items abroad'... Weird!! Because other bookstores have not reported any problems...

I believe what they were talking about was that in some countries it is against the law to send items like playing cards etc. through mail into that country. However, it is not forbidden in Finland and you would think that they would check things like legislation first! Why would these items be available for ordering if in reality you can't get them?

Bean Feasa

It looks so beautiful, sigh, but I have to be good for a while. Definitely top of my wishlist.

Cerulean

Good for awhile...chuckle, tear, sigh...

Because of course it is a beautiful gilded deck, there seems there are delays...so being good for awhile can translate to being so since November of 2003 to March 2004....ah well...less of a wait than first seeing it back in the 1990s....

Cheers.

Mari H.

lark

Ok
I am trying to remain calm here.
I just got an email from Amazon telling me my preorder for the Golden Tarot can not be filled.
It seems that their source for the deck cannot fill the orders.
What is going on here?
I wonder if Tarot Garden has heard anything.
I preordered my deck through Kat's site.

Help, I need a paper bag I'm hyperventilating....

Kissa

lark said:
Ok
I am trying to remain calm here.
I just got an email from Amazon telling me my preorder for the Golden Tarot can not be filled.

Same here...
Luckily, I have a pre-order at Tarot Garden but I had made one earlier at Amazon. I offered not to cancel it and have that deck send to a friend who doesn't have a credit card. I am very disappointed for her.

Geez US Games screwed it badly this time.

Kissa

retrokat

*sigh*

I just heard from US Games today that, and I quote:

"Due to problems in transit, we have not yet received Golden Tarot but hope to be getting it soon. We found out we should be receiving it this week and then it will be available for sale."

I'm guessing they haven't communicated that to Amazon, so I sent an urgent email to senior US Games staff begging that they sort it out with Amazon URGENTLY! I even cc'd Mr Kaplan himself. Lets hope it gets sorted and the preorders get reinstated, especially those who bought at the lower price six months ago!

I'm sooo sorry peoples, this really is getting beyond a joke, isn't it.

*whimper*

Kissa

Hi Kat,

did you ever imagine, when you were creating the deck, that you would have to deal with such basic material frustrating problems ???? It's a long way from an artist's creative job...

You're doing a fabulous work, Kat, you're really having a painful delivery for this baby but it is worth it. Plus you are making history... [I had never heard of such a six months "soon to be released" tarot deck before ... ;-) that gets sold out even before it is out ]

Is that any comfort?

Kissa

PS: You did get an epidural, right?

retrokat

Kissa said:

PS: You did get an epidural, right?

I'm glad we can deal with it with a laugh! If we weren't laughing we'd probably be crying, eh? Thanks so much for that, I really appreciate the seemingly boundless support of my Aecletic friends!

:D :D :D :D