"Transit of Venus"-the Astrological Event of the Year

horoskope88

"The Venus Transit of June 8, 2004 is clearly the astronomical event of the year. But it may be much, much more than that. The Venus Transit has always preceded great breakthroughs in human consciousness and played a very significant role in the Mayan Calendar. It is also a turning point in the Vedic tradition. "
-- http://www.earthrainbownetwork.com/Archives2004/VenusTransit.htm

"One is the so-called “Transit of Venus” that takes place once every 1 1/2 years or so ( 584 days) when Venus moves across the face of the Sun and disappears from the evening sky, to eventually reappear as the Morning Star. This period of time, which takes place this year from June 4 to 12, is given great significance in Mayan astrology, known symbolically as Venus’ journey through the underworld, since she vanishes and reemerges as a different bright star." --stariq.com

What exactly is this all about? As I understand it, Venus passes directly between the earth and the sun, and changes roles from being the Morning Star to the Evening star.

Interestingly, I've read that its taking place at 16 degrees Gemini--my Sun is at 16 degrees Gemini, and my Jupiter at 18 degrees Gemini. Because this doesn't seem to be an "average" transit of Venus-that is, there seems to be a lot more signifigance attached to this one, and because its happening directly on my sun and so close to my Jupiter-I was wondering what implications any of this would have for me(if anyone has any ideas?)?

How will this energy affect you?

Minderwiz

The transit of Venus on 8th June is actually a rare event - the last one happened in 1882!

This transit is the Venusian equivalent of a Solar Eclipse by the Moon. There is a New Moon each month but only twice a year is there a solar Eclipse - this is because for a Solar Eclipse the New Moon has to occur when the Moon is very near one of its Nodes - that is the Moon is very near the ecliptic (the plane of the solar system).

Each planet also has nodes - points where it crosses the ecliptic in its orbit around the Sun. If the planet is also conjunct the Sun at that point then it will be directly between Earth and the Sun. For all planets except the Moon this does not produce a clearly visible effect because of relative size and distance. In this case Venus is near its descending node (moving North to South) and will therefore appear to move across the face of the Sun (rather than above or below, which is normally the case).

This is only the seventh such occurance that we have witnessed (as it requires a telescope to see it) - the others were in 1631, 1639, 1761, 1769, 1874 and 1882. The next will be in 2012.

Astrologically, we don't emphasise such conjunctions as much as we perhaps should. However, treat the forthcoming conjunction as being more intense than normal.

paradoxx

1882 was the 100th year of the Great Seal of the United States of America. This will be the 4th such event since the conception of the United States of America as land and country (conception as in July 4, 1776) and the third such for the Great Seal (as approved on June 20, 1782).

Also, Pluto is opposing the natal Mars of the USA for the first time ever, so land and country are being affected as the last 228 years are being tested like never before. The current global situaiton is a reflection of these massivly powerful aspects.

Venus is also in retrograde until late June, so prepare for that aspect as well. Venus rules relations, and it is the secrets that hinder relations that will have to be brought to the surface and totally removed from the story problem. Its like a universal anti-virus program for your computer, it may delete some important ifles, but if they are corrupt they're more hinderence than help. Anyway, there's a big readjustment coming soon, get your psychic firewalls up ya hear??

horoskope88

Minderwiz said:
The transit of Venus on 8th June is actually a rare event - the last one happened in 1882!

This is only the seventh such occurance that we have witnessed (as it requires a telescope to see it) - the others were in 1631, 1639, 1761, 1769, 1874 and 1882. The next will be in 2012.

Astrologically, we don't emphasise such conjunctions as much as we perhaps should. However, treat the forthcoming conjunction as being more intense than normal.

Ha..ha....(*self-defeating, dry, sarcastic humor*)...well if this is a rare event..and Venus rules over my love life...perhaps I'll find myself in a love-relationship...the rarest of all events...ha...ha..-_-

Um, on a more serious note, how should one treat a transit such as this?

isthmus nekoi

I've also read that this event coincides w/the Mayan calendar's which placed a great emphasis on Venus and made the year 2012 infamous (just search for it on google).

horoskope88,

For a personal interpretation, I'd look at the house the eclipse is in, as well as the placement of natal Venus. You've written that transiting Venus will be conj Sun and Jupiter. That sounds like a nice time to me :) Try to determine how those two planets have played out in your life (e.g. aspects to other planets) b/c those issues may be highlighted.

DeLani

Oh my gosh...this transit is going to be conjunct my Saturn, which is at 15 deg. Gemini! And so also opposite my MC and Neptune, and trine my natal Uranus, and also trine (the other direction) my AC. It could also oppose my natal Venus (at 21 deg. Sagittarius).
It will be in my 4th house of home and family...I hope it will be good news on that front.
Any thoughts from our resident astrologers?

Phoenix Rising

I'm not sure if anyone here are believers of the 11:11 phenomena. As the sixth gate is being activated on 29 May 2004 a week before. The gates are to lift the consciousness of the planet and human awareness. Being the sixth, the 6 vibration being love, family home and harmony. So should be a very exciting time.
It also coincides 5-6 June with a seminar I'm attending to do with DNA activation!
Thanks for the info!

isthmus nekoi

DeLani,

Your Saturn experience and your Venus experience should indicate how this conjunction will play out. If I recall, your Saturn opposition MC/Neptune relates to the issue of employment - career vs home? I would expect this issue to be highlighted.

DeLani

Thanks Isthmus,
I have been in the planning stage of developing a home-based business for a little while now, and all the signs have been pointing to a favorable outcome, telling me to quit stalling and go for it! So I am going to do just that.
edited to add: Now that I think about it, the business I'm planning is very Venusian - henna, belly dance, jewelry, home decor - all about beauty, but in an "exotic" way.