Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

Onyx

I am sure it doesn't include the book, since we know it hasn't and won't be published.

If you look at the e-bay listing and the Tower books description they are identical. I bet that the e-bay lister copy and pasted the item description into the listing.

I have asked the e-bay lister a couple of questions about the book that will mean that they would actually have to have it present to answer. Things like was is the binding like, are the books illustrations in color etc.

Likely I will not get an answer but if I do I will post an update.

Onyx.

Eta. The e-bay listing has the price at $22.75 and the list price for the deck alone is $22.95. No way does this include a book.

rwcarter

Since the book was never printed as far as I know, I don't believe that auction can contain a deck and book set. In cases such as this, it's always a good idea to clarify with the seller.

Llewellyn offered the deck and book set for sale in their 2008 Holiday catalog, only to have to disappoint a lot of people. Promotional materials go out long in advance of the real thing being available, so by the time the real thing is available, it may bear little resemblance to the promotional materials.

Rodney

Dancing Bear

F.M. Tarot said:
I wrote the publisher asking about this book months ago. I was told that they have cancelled the publication of the book entirely, never going to happen! :(. They did say that there might a small PDF release at some point though.

Sorry for the bad news!

I think we all need to get hold of the publisher of this deck and push for this PDF file in the very least.
It would be nice to read some of the reasoning behind some of the images..and history they have used.
it may help us read with them considering they are not traditional images in some. and its also nice to know what the artist and creator was thinking when making this deck..

whos with me to bombard the publisher?

Onyx

I heard back from the e-bay lister. They clarified that it was a "booklet", I think around here we call it LWB.

They mentioned adjusting the title of the listing. I sent a response noteing the strange contradticion in the "160 page guide book" and the 63 page "booklet". They just copy and pasted the out of date kit publisher info and didn't check the facts. f

So yeap, no book.

Onyx.

rwcarter

Onyx, you saved that eBay seller's bacon. Folks should be more careful about those kinds of things, especially when their feedback and seller ratings are at stake....

Dancing Bear

I have sent an email..
I am now waiting on a reply.. :D

If you feel like sending an email also please do..
I asked about the book and if they are never goign to release it.. what about the PDF file?
as many of us would like to understand the thinking behind the images..and would prefer to use this deck rather than look at it..

Juliana_

Hi, I email then (lo scarabeo) last month day 28 and they told me that the book and kit with the book will be avalible in 2010 so there still hope, yestarday I asked if they already had a date of release but the person that reply said that she don't know

shadowdancer

I did send an e mail regarding the PDF but had no reply. Sent it about 3 weeks ago?

Davina