Slow Holler: New Collaborative Deck

gregory

For me, a collaboration like this doesn't have to be that cohesive. I like seeing the different styles and approaches from the different artists, the stories that they bring to the mix. The shared palette and the overall theme are enough to pull it together.
I absolutely agree with you. Look at something like the Artist's Inner Vision - also a collaborative - and the Elora - and even the deck we are creating here. They hold together just fine - it doesn't have to be just one artist to work.

MoonGypsy

I absolutely agree with you. Look at something like the Artist's Inner Vision - also a collaborative - and the Elora - and even the deck we are creating here. They hold together just fine - it doesn't have to be just one artist to work.

Right, i agree...sometimes i find it adds to the charm and character of the deck...:)

urbandryad

This deck looks interesting. I'm from Southern Canada so maybe...X) I do like to support anything LGBT though, so I'll keep this deck in mind.

I wanted to make my own deck, but a collaborative deck like this might be more fun.

aquestionmark

I have backed this deck, fingers crossed that it gets enough to fund its creation.

staticfuzz

They want $55,000, which is quite a large sum, I hope they get it.

Same here. I think they have great reasons for asking that much but I also think it is a lot--more than I've seen any other tarot project ask for. I'm hoping it will appeal to people who typically aren't interested in tarot.

gregory

Well - no-one has to actually pay anything till they hit their target - and at least with a target that high, assuming they hit it, I can't see it not working out...

rylla

There are about 4-5 colors used, which helps bringing the cards (of different artists) together and makes the deck interesting. However, the Chariot is a deal breaker for me. It takes away all the magic (that I like to see in a tarot deck). Too mundane. Too common.

UrbanBramble

In terms of the amount they are raising - they also have a projected release date of November 2016. So it seems like they've taken the time it takes to meet their financial goal into account.

Merrou

Slow Holler Tarot Kickstarter

I hope this is the correct place to put this. There's only 16 days left to help fund some astounding queer and Southern artists so that they can finish creating this beautiful collaborative deck.

If you have some extra pocket change and you find the artwork moves you then please consider throwing a little money their way.

Every little bit helps.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1093566/slow-holler-tarot-deck

aquestionmark

There's not much time left on this one : /