Victorian Romantic and Bohemian Gothic in Parq Magazine

baba-prague

Parq Magazine, a "journal of fashion and urban culture" this month includes an interview with Alex and me and some pictures from the decks.

http://www.parqmag.com/

It's on page 12 - in Portuguese. If you scroll down to page 78 (how very appropriate!) you'll find it in English. It's quite outspoken about how we see tarot, art and some other things so some may find it a little controversial. Hopefully that's all to the good.
Edited to add - just to clarify, I am referring to the print pages - there are about two print pages per PDF page, if you see what I mean. So on the PDF, it's on page 7.

Many thanks to the AT-er who did the interview. I hope he will introduce himself (or I will ask permission to mention his AT name).

By the way, it's not every day that you see tarot cards right next to an ad for Levis - I think I like it!

pmlee

How great to get a spread like that!

Alas, the pdf downloads on both the blog and website only seem to give me 43 pages of the magazine. I can limp through for the gist of a great deal of the article, but I don't know what language I'm in....

Anyway, congratulations!

lilith_in_tree

how exciting for you baba! I love the idea of a fashion and culture magazine talking about tarot :D

baba-prague

Well, it's thanks to the journalist who wrote it. It IS nice to see tarot in a more mainstream fashion/culture magazine isn't it.

Thank-you for the enthusiasm.

pmlee

Actually, on going back to the pdf, I found the english translation on page 40.

I thought I'd mention it to help any other folk looking for it.

Le Fanu

´Twas I....

Hi everybody. ´Twas I who did the interview for Parq magazine, and thank you baba for the cooperation! (By the way, I sent you a couple of hard copies of the magazine yesterday for your archives...)

Parq is a Lisbon-based magazine dealing with art and design and my partner is the editor and I thought that - yes - there really is a place for baba decks among good contemporary design.

And - as we all here at AT know - tarot isnt some fusty, back-room dark and dodgy activity belonging to medieval times, it´s out evolving on the street, alongside fashion and the contemporary world! Good for people to see this. Reaction to the article has been all positive...

Yes, I also liked the fact that there´s a Levis ad in the middle...(and Diesel, Puma, Fred Perry before..:))

Grizabella

Jumping up and down, clapping and cheering. Great going! I think it's absolutely fantastic! Fabulous! :thumbsup: :D

Calming down to something more sedate for my age: I think it's just wonderful, Karen. It's amazing, in fact. I'm glad to see Tarot in a magazine like that. :D

Willow Huntermoon

I think that is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!

Essjay

I think that this may be the first time I have seen tarot represented in a mainstream magazine.

Congratulations to Karen and Alex!

:)

moderndayruth

Really cool Magazine and great interview! Congratulations Le Fanu, Karen&Alex !!! :thumbsup: