Your First Tarot Book(s)?

Samweiss

My first tarot book was An Illustrated Guide to Tarot by Jonathan Dee. It is something you don't often see mentioned in these forums.

Here in Finland we aren't spoiled for choice if you want to get tarot books from bookstores or libraries. The selection is even more narrow if you want books in Finnish. In that case, almost only thing you can find is anything by Gerd Ziegler. :D

Citrin

Here in Finland we aren't spoiled for choice if you want to get tarot books from bookstores or libraries. The selection is even more narrow if you want books in Finnish. In that case, almost only thing you can find is anything by Gerd Ziegler. :D

Same here in Sweden! :p My first book was Ziegler's ummm something about "Mirror of the soul"? Total missmatch because I had an RWS-deck (Goddess Tarot by Waldherr) while Ziegler's book is about the Thoth LOL! So I put it away quite quickly. :p

My second book, which I actually worked with, I think was Tarot for Yourself by Mary K. Greer. Great book!

La'al quiet fella

First books

Alan Moore's Promethea was my first introduction to tarot, Kabbalah, & Crowley and it led to me then getting the book of Thoth and the Thoth deck.

I was totally new to tarot & the western tradition & Promthea just opened my eyes, something I am very grateful for.

IreneCroft

I see Ziegler's Mirror of the Soul was quite 'popular' in some countries :) I'm from Russia and that one was among my first books too. But the very first - if we don't count some generic texts in magazines and divinations' compendiums - was Tarot Divination for Today's Woman by Cassandra Eason. A very unorthodox book with a feminine deck! :joke:

Edward Tarot Hands

Well I've only juststarted really studying the tarot, despite having owned a Morgan Greer deck for over one year. Apart from my own intuition and researching symbolism and stuff online I'm referencing 78 Degrees of Wisdom. I find it very comrehensive and I like how it draws from many different sources to attach possible meanings to the cards

chongjasmine

My first tarot book was tarot for dummies.
It comes with a rider waite card deck.