PLAYING CARDS ORACLE - Alchemy Ed- BOOK

greatdane

So, while I got the file sent to me in an email when I purchased the PCO Alchemy Edition, I wanted more and saw Amazon has a BOOK for Alchemy Edition, as well as the previous edition. I just purchased it and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Does anyone else have the ALCHEMY ED book and does it contain the same about 15 pages that was emailed when you purchased the Alchemy ed deck? I'm guessing the same info is in the book, plus much more, but wondering if the email file is basically taken from part of this book.

Thank you for any responses to others who have this.

MoonGypsy

i have the book and i devoured it. It is a VERY interesting read, IMHO.

since you already have it coming, i am going to let you be surprised. :p

((((MoonGypsy ducks and runs, with GD in fast pursuit on her heels))))

greatdane

AHAHAHA MG!

No need to run and duck! :) I just wanted to know if anyone else had gotten it.
The brief info that I got to be downloaded when I bought the deck was interesting and helpful...to a point. But I wanted a BOOK for THIS deck, not just a download (which I see Ana has on her site for about 7 bucks). I didn't want to print it, I like actual books, with covers, in my hand that I don't have to print and put in a binder. I didn't even know there WAS a book for this version in print as a book.

MG, I will just ask ONE question please. Does it talk about pairing of cards at all? Like doing spreads?

MoonGypsy

MG, I will just ask ONE question please. Does it talk about pairing of cards at all? Like doing spreads?

i have actually forgotten if there are any Alchemical PCO specific spreads...as Ana covers all that in
the PCO companion book.
i will go and take a look...be back in a few.

greatdane

Moon Gypsy I thought this WAS the companion book

for Alchemy Edition. What if one never had the first book? I thought this book for the Alchemy ed was all one would need to read this deck and it even says it can be applied to any playing cards, which the first book didn't from what I read on Amazon (I researched both).

MoonGypsy

On a quick perusal, i don't think she talks about spreads.

From the back of the book:

"Oracle Alchemy, The art of transformation in Life and Card reading" is two books
under one cover, connected by a pathway of brilliant oracle imagery which guides
the reader through a metaphysical odyssey. Part One reveals the Author's own journey
of struggle, healing, and self discovery, intertwined with the fairytale like account of what ultimately became her calling as an "Oracle".

Part Two is a futuristic, alchemical manual of practical magic as it applies to card reading. Ms. Cortez asserts that transformational card reading is the perfect metaphor for a transformational life. As she states in the introduction:

"...We can be magicians in the card parlor and it schools us how to be magicians in the world. We can have the life of our dreams using our card reading techniques."

IMHO, If a person has either the original PCO deck or the Alchemical edition, they definitely need the PCO big companion book, as it can be used for both editions.

i bought my book from Ana, not Amazon.

The first big PCO book does say you can use the same method for all playing cards.

Did you use the search the book function for the Oracle Alchemy book?

http://smile.amazon.com/Oracle-Alch...s=Oracle+Alchemy+Ana+Cortez#reader_B00WXP125W

greatdane

Oh...!

I got the PCO Alchemy Ed as I wanted a companion book for THAT deck. AND I checked her thread and only saw downloads and don't have a working printer and besides, I just wanted to order A BOOK. Well, I guess I shall see. I didn't really want to order TWO books, the Alchemy ed one was about 30 bucks and not that I don't CARE about Ana's journey, that's all great, but I wanted to read more about her feelings about the ALCHEMY ED deck and more re the images of THAT deck, not the earlier one.

Thanks, MG. Hopefully the book I ordered will help more and at least give more info than just the 15 page download I got when I purchased the deck from Ana. I wanted something that would suffice if I didn't have the first book.

What I am reading though from your description, is I really need the FIRST BOOK, even though I know that one was based on the first deck which has some similar, some very different, images.

MoonGypsy

I got the PCO Alchemy Ed as I wanted a companion book for THAT deck. AND I checked her thread and only saw downloads and don't have a working printer and besides, I just wanted to order A BOOK. Well, I guess I shall see. I didn't really want to order TWO books, the Alchemy ed one was about 30 bucks and not that I don't CARE about Ana's journey, that's all great, but I wanted to read more about her feelings about the ALCHEMY ED deck and more re the images of THAT deck, not the earlier one.

Thanks, MG. Hopefully the book I ordered will help more and at least give more info than just the 15 page download I got when I purchased the deck from Ana. I wanted something that would suffice if I didn't have the first book.

What I am reading though from your description, is I really need the FIRST BOOK, even though I know that one was based on the first deck which has some similar, some very different, images.

You NEED the BIG first book. It covers everything. But i do think the book you ordered will
be a great help in understanding the thread between the 2 decks. Which are different visually, but the meanings are essentially the same.

greatdane

Going to try to cancel the first one....

I can't afford both. I just really wanted help with the images and any spreads. Thanks, MG. I really need the first one at least first and maybe I can purchase the other at a later date. It was confusing as the book I ordered had PCO Alchemy ed and I thought THAT would give me all I needed for the second ed. I am awaiting to see if my req for cancellation took. THANKS MG! If it takes, I will get the FIRST ONE which is what I was going to do til I saw the SECOND ed one!

MoonGypsy

I can't afford both. I just really wanted help with the images and any spreads. Thanks, MG. I really need the first one at least first and maybe I can purchase the other at a later date. It was confusing as the book I ordered had PCO Alchemy ed and I thought THAT would give me all I needed for the second ed. I am awaiting to see if my req for cancellation took. THANKS MG! If it takes, I will get the FIRST ONE which is what I was going to do til I saw the SECOND ed one!

i really do hope your cancellation kicks in...:)

The first BIG book has everything you are looking for...

The 2nd book is supplemental, really. and a bit pricey, for sure. It is only just under
130 pages and most of it are personal journey stories--interesting, and lots of lovely full color pics. But you want the TEXT book which has all the basics you need for this card reading method.

Ana also has lots of great videos on YouTube. :) [Showing spreads, reading methods, etc.]