Sibilla Oracle Cards

BoomVoom

that's my favorit to!

it's very turn of the century, delicate drawings, black and brown.

because most of the images are floting in the middle of the card without a backgroung i find it helps to interpret. the cards seam to interact more.

i'm glad sombody els here has it aswell as me.

:)

MatPoint

The different Sibila decks

Hi,

I'm new in this BB, I got here when I was looking for websites and BB about Lenormand Cards.

I'm gathering some information about the greatest french ocultists of the 18th and 19th centuries such as Aleister Crowley, Eliphas Lévi, Mdlle. Lenormand, the Magician Edmond, the Magician Belline, etc...

I've seen that you are discussing about the italian and french decks.

The original Sybila is the french one, it was created and used by Mlle Lenormand. She has been very popular in France not only because she created the first oracle card in the history but also she predicted many things to Josephine (Napoleon Bonaparte's wife), she even predicted with extraordinary accuracy that Napoleon Bonaparte would become Emperor and many other things.

It is a pitty that most information available on the net is in French and German.

Mlle. Lenormand oracle cards initially were 52 cards but then she used only 36 cards.

The most used deck is the 36 cards one. It is incredible how well this cards work. They are very accurate.

You can find the meanings of the cards and a few spreads on the next website. (It is very basic information about it, but it is a good point to start with). This is in English. http://www.serenapowers.com/lenormand.html

In this website you can find books about how to read Lenormand cards in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. http://www.brika-verlag.de/

This one have information on how to read lenormand cards and a bulletin board about meanings, combinations, spreads, etc... But this one is in German. http://www.lilith-kartenlegen.de/

I hope this will be helpful.

MatPoint.

WolfyJames

I finally got the Il Vostro Destino sibilla I wanted. I also got the I Misteri della Sibilla and I'm awaiting La Magica Sibilla. Tarot Garden recently got sibillas in stock and I jumped on them while they were there. Thankfully Tarot Garden accepts other ways of payment besides credit cards. :) Il Vostro Destino is as beautiful as I thought it would be and the I Misteri della Sibilla grows on me everyday. I'm still waiting eagerly for La Magica Sibilla to get here but the scans are so beautiful, I don't think I will be disapointed. I'm another board, [link removed by moderator], where oracles in particular are studied (Petit and Grand Jeu LeNormand, cartomancy, Gypsy Witch, Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten), and we decided recently to add sibillas to our studies. We're really excited to study our freshly bought sibillas and to make readings with them. :)

annik

It is the first time I heard about the Il Vostro Destino. I think I will have a little search for picture...

annik

Thank you WofieJames! Nice little cards. Seems familiar, in a way but nice.

sognodinverno

Hi,
can I help you to translate some italian sibilla cards?

I like this decks, they speaks so much!!!!

Post here your request and when I can I answer.

Sognodinverno

felicityk

WolfyJames said:
Il Vostro Destino is not a regular sibilla.
I am curious, what makes it different from a regular sibilla? It is the only 52-card oracle deck I have at present. Is there a "definitive" sibilla deck out there?

Felicity

stella01904

An Offer From the Gods!

sognodinverno said:
Hi,
can I help you to translate some italian sibilla cards?

I like this decks, they speaks so much!!!!

Sognodinverno
MM ~ Yes! If you're still around, I'll be back with my list very soon. BTW, if anyone is having trouble translating Italian Sibillas, I've found that some of the words (Imeneo, for one) are Sicilian, not standard Italian. BB, Stella

tatsi

Sibilla website links

Thanks to everyone who provided links regarding Sibilla type decks. I have seen a few of these before, but there are several I haven't and would never have been aware of without the links you provided on this thread.

tatsi