New: Animal Dreaming Oracle by Scott Alexander King.

Elven

Animal Dreaming Oracle by Scott Alexander King
Illustrations by Karen Branchflower.
Published by Blue Angel Gallery (Toni Carmine Salerno's gallery)
Contains 45 cards 132 Page Guide Book.
Price: AUS $35.00 approx

A small write up about the cards and to view sample cards, go to the bottom of the page and select :D
Animal Dreaming Oracle cards - Toni Carmine Salerno website

Yay!! I was gifted with this deck today, after waiting for its release, it finally arrived in the store!

I couldnt wait so Ive already done a reading with them in the SOUL Exchange :D

The cards are depicted with beautifully illustrated Australian Animals and Birds such as the Wombat, The Tasmanian Devil, Lyrebird, Oystercatcher, Dingo, Wallaby, Kookaburra, Emu, Bilby and Cockatoo.

Each card has an elemental symbol representing either Air - East, Fire - North, Earth - South or Water - West. There are 11 cards placed under each element, (Air has an additional - 0 ~ Eagle) and 45 cards in total.

There are Four Spreads included in the Book - The Power Animal Spread, The Totem Spread, The Mother Earth ~ Grandmother Moon, and Grandfather Sun Spread, and the Clarity Spread.

From the back of the Guidebook it says ...Scott Alexander King is a teacher, animal psychic and zoomancer..... He is the author of Animal Dreaming and Animal Messanger.... he also has a CD "Meet your Totem Animal" that guides the listener to a place where they inevitably meet their totem or power animal! Scott lives in the Yarra Valley in Victoria, Australia, and holds workshops and and courses. His website is:
www.animaldreaming.com

The illustrator Karen Branchflower (great name!) -who is a teacher and freelance illustrator and artist.

~~~~~~~~

This is the type of deck I can take with me when bushwalking in the Blue Mountains. I have come across many of these creature whilst treaking the trails ... Lyrebirds and Cockatoos seem fairly abundant in the National Park, there are also Grey Kangeroos and Wallabys of assorted (and spectacular) colours. There are Eagles and Hawks, Bats and Owls, Lizzards and Water Dragons, Red Bellied Black snakes, Spiders and Magpies :D ... though no Tasmanian Devils! (thankgoodness - these are the little creatures whose voice was used for the Nazguls screeching in Lord of the Rings!! :p)

I had a good read of the Guidebook and a look through the deck - its lovely indeed, and gives a good reading! Its the type of deck which can be used as a personal tool of guidance during Path Walking and Transformation - as well as being easily interpreted if you're doing a reading for someone else. It has a gentle energy about it - and for me, prompted much in the way of intuitive insight ...

For anyone who is not familiar with the Animals of Australia, or the Aboriginal Dreamtime, it would also be an interesting journey in itself, to search out further information on these subjects, and add to the interpretations as well.

:)

This is a great combination of talent, and a beautifully presented deck ... its been well worth the wait!!

Blessings Elven x

WolfSpirit

Oh another animal deck !
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Elven...I think ;)
It looks great, and certainly adds something different to my collection of decks :D I like the descriptions of the cards too.
This will probably find its way into my collection, I think I should wait a little longer though :D

Jewel

Eleven thanks for sharing ...... I WANT! ....... and ofcourse it only seems to be available in Australia ~sighs~

Bat Chicken

Wow! I love it - it must be nice for you in the OZ to have a deck with your own wildlife! I must try to get this if I ever have money again.... :bugeyed:

WolfSpirit

Jewel said:
Eleven thanks for sharing ...... I WANT! ....... and ofcourse it only seems to be available in Australia ~sighs~

Jewel, if you go to the Toni Salerno website (first link in Elvens post) you'll see four flags...if you click the flag of your country it will give you the price in your currency including the shipping costs to your country. (yes I tried it but have not clicked...yet)

Enabler, c'est moi })

room

It looks like similar card decks, and I really don't like the borders.

However, I find the glyphs in the upper right of each card delightful. Now, if they published a deck with just those plain symbols, I would be interested. I find them marvelous.

Elven, does the book mention these symbols at all? You mention four symbols for the elements and I see those in the lower right corners, but these other glyphs look specific to the animal.

Any extra information on that? Thanks.

WolfSpirit

room said:
It looks like similar card decks

I don't know, what other decks with Australian animals are there ?
I only know the Australian Animals Tarot but no oracles.

Little Hare

Thanks for the write up Elven i went in a saw Rhonda and she had one copy of it left... i didn't end up buying it tho, i saw the boarders on the back of the box and i just went erk! but now that i've that i've seen them on carmino salernos page they look great!

Elven

Hi everyone!!

Thanks for having a look at the deck! :D

Just to clarify the glyphs on the deck - though its through observation - each top glyph symbolizes the direction, and the bottom 'triangle glyphs' are alchemical elemental symbols.

The borders are coloured to match each of the elements - Air is blues, Fire is burnt orange, Earth is browns, water is turquoises.
Each of the borders also has designed within them, the four elements - water are the swirling pools, fire as branching fingers, air as honeycomb pockets, and earth as a mountain and stones. Depending on the colour border of the card - the element stands out more. Fire on the elemental card looks like flames, and its water like lava.

The symbols near the animals seem to be derived from Native American sources - though I think (IMHO) that they have been adapted to some degree for the Australian Animal - and are not from one specific tribe or culture - some look Zuni, others Navajo, some Maouri, some African .. I will explore a bit further as to what they might be from.

I will also ask about the middle symbol in the elements - I think the 3 sided 'square' actually means 'element' .. and the elemental triangle, which is underneath, represents which element, and is then, fourth side of the square.

Hi peace_pixie :D - I must have missed you this afternoon!! I was in the shop doing the window :D If you change your mind, just give Rhonda a bell, and she'll put them away for you :D Sorry I missed you!!

Blessings all!!
Elven x

room

Sorry Elven, I didn't intend to pick apart your lovely new deck, but what the heck are American aboriginal symbols doing in a deck about Australian animals? The whole thing seems derivative to me.

As long as YOU love it, that's the main thing, right? It sounds like it resonates and delights you, so that seems great to me. Nice to come upon such decks and work with them.

WolfSpirit said:
I don't know, what other decks with Australian animals are there ?

As far as other decks, several animal decks have a few Australian animals too: Animal Spirits Knowledge Cards; Animal Messages, maybe Magical Menagerie--can't remember and I don't want to wake the spouse up going to look upstairs.

Wisdom of the Four Winds, which is New Zealand, so close. I like that better because it also has plants as well as animals.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=68109&highlight=wisdom+winds

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=24215&highlight=wisdom+winds

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=22190&highlight=wisdom+winds