Ancient Feminine Wisdom: Of Goddesses and Heroines Oracle

6 Haunted Days

Does anyone have this deck yet? It's done by the same artist who did the Spiral and Celestial Tarot's (Kay Steventon) and it looks just gorgeous! I saw a few cards earlier today at a local shop and just had to order it. It's fairly new....this past month or so....

Can't wait to get it, those cards looked frameable :)

Little Hare

dammit! i've just googled and can't find anything! if its on goddesses i'm interested :D

Does anyone know where you can see some pictures of them?

avalonian

Amazon uk has it down as being published by U S Games, November 2007 so hopefully its appearance is imminent. Can't wait!

Little Hare

hmmm thanks bodhran... when i clicked on the picture... it enlarged and did nothing for me... shame.. Oh well i'll be interested to look at other scans further down the track

:)

6 Haunted Days

I just got a call telling my deck was in, so off soon to fetch it :) I'll let everyone know what I think of it!

avalonian

Has anyone else got this yet? I picked it up yesterday and love it. I haven't had time to explore it properly yet as I just keep going through it looking at the pretty pictures! It's beautiful. Sort of dreamy and haunting. Nice size cards as well.

lark

Bumping this thread up...can anyone who got this deck please fill us in a little about it...does it come with a book?
How is the card stock...art work..how many cards?
Have you used it and how does it read?
Any picture scans would be a treat too.

avalonian

Sorry I don't have the means to post scans, so:

There are 52 cards, though strangely, on the back of the outside box it says there are 78???

Artwork is beautiful, sort of a cross between the Celestial Tarot and the Major Arcana of the Spiral, the backs are possibly the most beautiful I have seen. It comes packaged like the Fenestra, with a deck sized box that sits inside a larger box that in turn has a sort of sleeve (if you get my drift). It comes with a 64 page LWB and a spreadsheet called "The Sacred Zodiacal Circle" which, for a refreshing change, is illustrated with art from the deck rather than art from the Hanson Roberts. The LWB gives the story of the Goddess or Heroine followed by the suggested meanings which are titled "Feminine Wisdom".

The cards are the usual US Games stock but slightly larger (2.75 inches x 4.75 inches) with cream borders which work rather well. The borders have the name of the Goddess or Heroine on the top and a keyword on the bottom.

I haven't read with this deck yet as there is a suggested journalling exercise in the LWB using a card a week over a year. As I have a the big 50th birthday coming up that seemed to be a good place to start and it just felt right to wait!

If you like the Celestial Tarot and/or the Spiral Tarot you are going to love this. It's absolutely stunning.

Venus Moon

Yes, I love the backs! What is that thing called, it's a burner type thing, the name escapes me. So pretty. These cards are stunning you have that right :) The book is pretty good too. I think these would be great on an altar or for meditation and invocations.