Emma Garner's (Good Witch Bad Witch) illustrations....a list and fan club!

6 Haunted Days

I thought I'd start a thread for the discussion and sharing of Emma Garner's works and a place to list them all! Also hopefully others will know of any cards or books she's illustrated we don't know of yet (I hope!). :)

So here is the list of card and book sets:

All these sets have Emma's illustrations in the guidebooks as well as the cards themselves.

Art of Tarot with Liz Dean. It's a tarot deck (78 cards) with unillustrated pips with a 64 page book. Published in 2001 with other another edition with different backs. The first edition has trees on the backs, the other one has a white/blue globe thing.

Good Witch Bad Witch with Gillian Kemp. 52 cards and a 64 page book. Published in 2002, but there's a 2007 reprint.

Faerie Wisdom Book and Card Set with Gillian Kemp. 52 cards and a 64 page book. Published in 2003, currently OOP.

Tree Magick: Fifty-Two Magical Messages for Inspiration, Protection and Prediction with Gillian Kemp. Cards and 64 page book. Published in 2004.

Angel Messages with Vanessa Lampert. 52 cards and 64 page book. Published in 2001.

Angel Messages for Peace and Love with Vanessa Lampert. 52 cards and 64 page book. Published in 2004.

Guardian Angels with Vanessa Lampert. I think this is the same as the above set, but why it has a different name I don't know. They both have the exact same box image, only difference is the title.

Celtic Messages with Joules Taylor. 52 cards and 64 page book. Published in 2007.

BTW, Liz Dean has "The Golden Tarot" coming out fall 2008, I hope it might have Emma's art!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Books that have illustrations by Emma Garner:

The Book of Irish Legends by Iain Zaczek. 128 pages. Published in

The Mystery of Tarot by Liz Dean. 160 pages. Published in 2003.

The Angel Book by Vanessa Lampert. 160 pages. Published in 2007.

The Angel Book of Days: A Personal Journal With an Angel Message for Every Day of the Year by Vanessa Lampert. 144 pages. Published in 2007.

The Book of Celtic Symbols by Joules Taylor. 160 pages. Published in 2007.

How to Read Your Tarot Cards: Discover the Tarot and Find Out What Your Cards Really Mean by Liz Dean. 160 pages. Published in 2007.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, that's all I could find! Here is some more of her work on a artist's site: http://www.sylviepoggio.com/Emma Garner/index.html. I attached some of my favourite images from that site to the post!

If I've missed anything or someone knows of a card/book set or book with Emma's work in it, please post!!

I have everything above in the list (Art of Tarot is on it's way!) except the books with her art. I got the Faerie Wisdom set about 3 years ago and fell in love with her artwork, and promptly got everything I could find with it :)

I'd love to hear from others who love her work and find it inspiring, whimsical, charming and very unforgettable!

Miss 6 :love:

Attachments

• OldWoman.jpg
    OldWoman.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Forest.jpg
    Forest.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Drakar.jpg
    Drakar.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 179
  • SnowWalk.jpg
    SnowWalk.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 191

pippi

Ah, you started the fan club! :D

I have...
Good Witch, Bad Witch
Celtic Messages
The Art of Tarot (2001 - tree backed)

I love the artwork on GWBW, but don't often work with it.

I adore Celtic Messages, and have been using it a lot lately.

I'm working with The Art of Tarot this week. It has *great* majors and courts, but I'm disappointed with the lack of creativity in the pips. Even if she didn't want to add any other embellishments, I feel like she could have at least been more imaginative with the placement and arrangement of the cups/wands, etc. ... painting more of a story with the images.

When I first stumbled upon The Art of Tarot, I saw the Magician and thought, "This deck would go great with the Good Witch, Bad Witch deck." I kept coming back to the deck scans online, and finally realized that it was the same artist! :)

Tree Magick is definitely high on my wish list. I love trees, and especially adore the way Emma styles them.

I've been flirting with the faerie deck, but I was put off by the messages printed directly on the cards. Plus I've only seen like three images, and would like to see more before purchasing. Same goes for the angel deck...I think I've only seen one of those cards. Do you know if there are full-deck scans for these two decks anywhere?

Do you have two different angel decks by her?

Willow Huntermoon

I guess I am a fan also,

I had no idea they were all by the same illistrator until I just read this post.

In the same day I bought;

Good Witch Bad Witch
Tree Magick
Celtic Messsages
so......that makes me a huge fan, the art word appealed to me. I bought all three that day without even knowing.

I have not used GWBW yet. For my daily one card draw I use Tree Magick and completely fell in love head over heels.
Celtic Messages is soothing.

Geat idea for a fan club!

rachelcat

Ah Ha! That's why I needed to have the Art of Tarot! And why I keep looking at Angel Messages even though I am a strict "no angels and no fairies" person (except for Kabbalistic angels, that is)!

Do you think the "Love Spell Box" is illustrated by her? It is by Gillian Kemp, too, but I can't tell from the picture of the, well, box!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0821226908/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

MareSaturni

I LOVE the Good Witch Bad Witch. So much i own two copies of it, lol :D

I didn't know anything about the artist though Miss 6! Thanks for this thread! I'll look for mor ethings illustrated by her now :love:

I guess i'm already a part of the fan club!

6 Haunted Days

pippi said:
Do you have two different angel decks by her?

Yes I have the 2 Angel decks. I got the Art of Tarot today....ohhh I love it!

All the Majors are so pretty, like you I wish the minors were illustrated too, or at least stylized or embellished! Maybe someday.

I love the tree backs, so glad you gave me a heads up on those, I wasn't expecting the cards to be so large, but I likes :)

rachelcat said:
Ah Ha! That's why I needed to have the Art of Tarot! And why I keep looking at Angel Messages even though I am a strict "no angels and no fairies" person (except for Kabbalistic angels, that is)!

Do you think the "Love Spell Box" is illustrated by her? It is by Gillian Kemp, too, but I can't tell from the picture of the, well, box!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0821226908/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

From the few cards I've seen, it doesn't look like Emma's style at all. I've ordered the Love Box a few days ago, so should get it soon! If no one has stepped in and let us know who the artist is I'll let you know!

The Angel Messages is wayyyy better than the 1st one. Like you most Angel oracles and the like are not my thing, but being her artwork (and they're cheap!) I had to get one :)

rachelcat

I just picked up the Faerie Wisdom and Angel Messages for Peace & Love on eBay. (I hope the collecting bug will stop chewing on me for a while!!!)

Oops, snuck in an Angel Messages from a B&N marketplace seller, too!

But I'm still NEED the Celtic Messages!

Aulruna

As this is such a very detailed thread - additional snippet of info:

Mermaids & Dolphins and Magical Creatures of the Seas by Gillian Kemp says: "Artwork by Jaqui Mair with borders by Emma Garner"

... just a bunch of shells, but still Emma's work ;)

6 Haunted Days

Aulruna said:
As this is such a very detailed thread - additional snippet of info:

Mermaids & Dolphins and Magical Creatures of the Seas by Gillian Kemp says: "Artwork by Jaqui Mair with borders by Emma Garner"

... just a bunch of shells, but still Emma's work ;)

Thanks Aurluna, I'd completely forgotten about those!

By the way I did recieve the Love Box and the cards are done by that Jaqui Mair Aurluna mentioned above. They're pretty!

Chronata

Thanks for this thread, 6!

I feel terrible that all this time I assumed that Gillian Kemp was the artist of these oracles I own...
I had no idea that Emma Garner was the real artist!

It isn't easy to find her name on her own products!

But yes...call me a fan!...I have the witches, faeries and both angel decks.

Now I have my eye on the tarot too!