The Four Agreements

january

I just received a deck of "The Four Agreements" cards by Don Miguel Ruiz as a birthday gift. The accompanying book tells me that the cards are based on ancient Toltec wisdom (Mexican) and teaches how to rid ourselves of "self -limiting beliefs that rob us of freedom and true happiness." I haven't had a chance to really get down with the deck or book - I've only perused.

Have any of you had experience with these cards? They seem very positive and I'm liking the artwork - bright and dreamy with Mexican flair. I'm not sure yet if I would clasify them as oracle cards, I feel they are more for a meditation focus? Anyway, I'm going to explore them later today

Thanks for any input!

~ january

Michelle

Hi January,
I have never used the cards that go with "The Four Agreements", however I LOVE the book.
Please let me know how you like the cards~I think perhaps I will look for them.
Thanks for the idea.

Love and Light,
Michelle

blue

January;

Thanks for letting us know about the cards. I've read three of his books and am finishing up the fourth. If the card are as powerful as the books they should be well worth having. I'll have to start checking the stores.

Dee 04

Just yesterday I was asking myself "when will these cards come out?" and it seems that they have already!! :)

Where can I see these cards? Is there a website? LEt us know how you makle out with them.
Also - are they oracle cards or standard 78 card tarot deck?

Lee

I've looked at the box in the store -- they're simply cards with sentences from the book on them, like "Don't Take Anything Personally," illustrated with flowers and such. I don't think they would be very useful for either meditation or divination. I think the purpose of them is to draw one every day, as a reminder to keep that particular precept in mind throughout the day.

-- Lee

Jimilyn

I bought these cards last week at my local Barnes & Noble. They're very pretty. They're approximately 9 1/2 cm square (about the size of a coaster). The card stock isn't thick, but the cards are laminated. It's a 48 card deck (12 cards for each agreement). Each card has the agreement printed at the top and features a phrase such as "Speak with integrity" or "Release self-judgment" along with a nice illustration. The reverse side of the card has additional text from the book that supports the phrase on the front (with a background that varies with each card). The box is sturdy and has a lid that flips up for easy accessibility to the cards. I think they would be best suited to be used as Lee suggested.

I don't have the book yet. A friend has bought it for me, and I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. But I'm really looking forward to getting started reading it.

Jimilyn

january

After having a couple of weeks with these cards, I agree with Lee and Jimilyn. They're really nice for uplifting daily meditations. Jimilyn, when you get the book, I think you'll enjoy it! It has a Deepak Chopra feel to it.

~ january