Fantastical Creatures

FallynRaiyn

Is anyone else working with this deck? I started with it, along with the book Psychic Tarot. I am curious what anyone else thinks of it?

Serenia

Yes, I do! It was the first deck I bought when I started again with tarot after a break of several years. I feel a very strong connection to the cards, I read it intuitively. To me, it has an incredibly "wise" aura and I use it for the really important readings.

GoldenWolf

Maybe this is due to the printing I have of this deck which is muddy and dull looking, but I'm not a fan. Even when I attempt to read it intuitively, there just doesn't seem to be anything that sparks my own intuition. This is one of the few decks I have used as a deck of the week that I just decided to get rid of, not even put it aside thinking I'd try again another time.

While I appreciate a deck creator who doesn't want to slavishly follow the RWS model, there's no internal structure or story to the deck or individual suites. I think that helps if you are trying to go in some other direction with a deck. It's not enough to have an interesting sounding theme alone.

However, I can understand that we don't all like the same things and am glad to hear that some people are having positive experiences with this deck. I need to send mine out to someone who can appreciate it more than I do.

FallynRaiyn

Yes, I do! It was the first deck I bought when I started again with tarot after a break of several years. I feel a very strong connection to the cards, I read it intuitively. To me, it has an incredibly "wise" aura and I use it for the really important readings.

i started out with tarot in a really odd way. I made my own deck out of images i stole off the internet printed on index cards because i couldn't afford to buy one.

this is my first "real" deck and i LOVE it SO much. .....i don't know what even half the creatures are but i can still get a really good feel for what they are trying to tell me.

FallynRaiyn

Maybe this is due to the printing I have of this deck which is muddy and dull looking, but I'm not a fan. Even when I attempt to read it intuitively, there just doesn't seem to be anything that sparks my own intuition. This is one of the few decks I have used as a deck of the week that I just decided to get rid of, not even put it aside thinking I'd try again another time.

While I appreciate a deck creator who doesn't want to slavishly follow the RWS model, there's no internal structure or story to the deck or individual suites. I think that helps if you are trying to go in some other direction with a deck. It's not enough to have an interesting sounding theme alone.

However, I can understand that we don't all like the same things and am glad to hear that some people are having positive experiences with this deck. I need to send mine out to someone who can appreciate it more than I do.

it may be the fact that yours is muddy and dull, cause the facial expressions seem to me to be integral to any kind of reading. cause at first go through i agreed with you, i couldn't see any of the traditional rws imagery, but it is there, .....reading it with the psychic tarot book i completely abandoned trying to interpret it through the traditional meanings, and recorded my intuitions about the cards in my journal, then going back through i realized that it did match up, just in a through the looking glass kind of way.