Fantastical creatures tarot by Lisa Hunt

shadowdancer

Just had a look at her website where some cards are put up as teasers.

Does anyone have any idea when this is to be published? It indicates early 2007.

Also, any thoughts on it so far?

I loved the dwarves card as the 10 coins/pentacles.

Davina

Owlface

I'm keen to receive this deck in due course. The name itself says is all, "Fantastical Creatures"- I love "em !

The most recent card to appear on the teaser site depicts a Kitsune, a fox-spirit in Japanese folklore that can take the form of a woman. I am currently reading THE FOX WOMAN by Kij Johnson, a wonderful novel that explores the life of just such a being. :)

Fallen Angel

Damn it... I HAVE to stop looking at this forum !!

I love the wearwolf...he looks amazing...I think this is on my wish list too :(

WolfSpirit

I loved this deck the moment I saw the first card of it...
It looks to me like a darker version of Hunt's Animal Divine. It would be nice if this deck comes out the same size, that would make it easier to work with both decks together.
On the other hand, it would also be nice to see the artwork on bigger cards.

Anyway, this is definitely a deck I look forward to ! I am not holding my breatht though, expected publication dates are often pushed forward. When it does come out I will probably get it soon :D

HearthCricket

I've had my eye on this deck for quite some time now! I can't wait for it to come out. Like you, I only see the release as 2007, but I have no idea when. I hope it is sooner rather than later! I would love to get my hands on it! It looks lovely! I hope it is as rich in colour as the Animals Divine. I am dying to see more cards!!

souljourney

If you go to her homepage it says "The 78 card deck will be published as a premiere edition from US Games in early 2007."
I'm off to see if USGames says something about this. No luck... but I emailed them asking.
Ok... so now I must add this to my want list too. And with USGames there is a chance of a big book. I love books with decks. :) I love her other work... Celtic Dragon & Animals Divine.
SJ
Oh... if you want to see more images go to her homepage (click the Fantastical Creatures words, and that's where it takes you...) Go to her Galleries section, click the links and there are other pics. Vampire card is very cool!!

RaeBelle

I definitely want this deck! It looks gorgeous...

It looks like Lisa updated the site.
Many of you have inquired about a more specific release date for the Fantastical Creatures Tarot.
This project is currently in production at US Games and will be heading off to the printer soon.
We will keep you posted as we find out more about the status of its targeted publication date.
Thank you for your patience. ~ Lisa

Jewel

Fallen Angel said:
Damn it... I HAVE to stop looking at this forum !!
Ditto here ... Although I did not connect with the Animals Devine deck I do love her artwork and I like DJ Conways writing style, so this is a deck I will have to have. The hubby is going to take away my tarot purchasing privialges if I keep this up *LOL*.

Cerulean

More myths than just the Shapeshifter....hmmmm...

...what an interesting teaser.

I'm all ears to when people get this one. Thanks for the heads up!

Best,

Cerulean