Fantasical Creatures - I Got It!!

6 Haunted Days

Got mine about an hour ago, so a quicke take on it.

Yes Swords are fire and Wands are air. This is a gigantic pet peeve with me, but only if the artist makes it overtly obvious in the images. In this case it doesn't seem to be the case. Kinda blends together. It's not like say Nigel Jackson and his very loud depiction of the suit association's element.

The backs I thought could have been a ton better. Very bland and blah. With the gorgeous artwork throughout the deck, why not a beautiful back?

Now other than those negatives (and a wish for an actual book on this deck) I LOVE it!!!

Very detailed sumptious images, lots of symbols and the ambiance that you are entering an entire different parallel realm. Quite magical and erethral!

There is a haunting qaulity to the deck. The large LWB gives a surprising large amount of info on the beasts and symbols....what things mean and why they're put there. A book for this deck would be the cat's meow.

I can't wait to work with it later and get to know it, it's got my kind of energy.

Miss 6 :love:

Citrine

waiting...

Mine has still yet to arrive, but after reading everyone's comments I am now even more excite to get my hot little hands on it! :)
Do you guys like the cardstock?
Is it heavy enough for lots of use?

I've heard people mention that the images are not as vibrant as the ones they see online, yet everyone still seems pretty happy with them. I am no computer expert, but there is one thing I have picked up along the way. Always keep in mind is that images on a computer screen will always be brighter than a printed image. After all, the light is shining from behind rather than reflecting off a surface.

Just a thought. ;)

ilweran

also waiting :)

Well I caved in and ordered mine from TG. I just couldn't stand waiting for it to finally show on Amazon. I've loved all her decks, so I'm feeling impatient and want this one to hurry up & arrive.

6 Haunted Days

Does anyone have any idea why Amazon doesn't have it listed yet? I think it's odd. Not even for pre-order and it's out and not even on there. Strange.

Jewel

YAY I got my Fantastical Creatures deck on Friday, and I do like it. I did one of the readings on the sheet that comes with the deck and really liked the reading. I agree that there are some cards that leave me wondering, but I do think this deck is readable, usable, and definetly gorgeous.

From doing my work in the Study Group for 78 Weeks, with the Celtic Dragon, I have noted that Lisa and D.J. have deviated from standard RWS meanings on some of the majors (that is what I am still currently studying), so I will not be surprised to see this in this deck as well. Medusa for the Hanged Man does make me raise an eyebrow *LOL*.

Overall, I look forward to giving this deck time and study. It also looks amazing in my baba Undine Bag *LOL*.

Citrine

Hooray! I just got mine. :grin:

I've yet to read with it; I just keep shuffling through it.
I can't get over how beautiful the art is and how much character each card possesses. The heavy card stock is a bit slippery right now, but I am sure with use it will get less slick. The art is not quite as vibrant as what I saw on the web site, but I am still really impressed how much detail the cards have for the size they are.

I love the Fool card, the Amphi-whateveritis. I searched for it on the web and it seems like the perfect "creature" for the Fool. The depth in that card is amazing and the path leading off into the forest is the perfect introduction for entering the world of this deck.

First impressions are really, really good. :)

HearthCricket

Citrine said:
Hooray! I just got mine. :grin:

I've yet to read with it; I just keep shuffling through it.
I can't get over how beautiful the art is and how much character each card possesses. The heavy card stock is a bit slippery right now, but I am sure with use it will get less slick. The art is not quite as vibrant as what I saw on the web site, but I am still really impressed how much detail the cards have for the size they are.

I love the Fool card, the Amphi-whateveritis. I searched for it on the web and it seems like the perfect "creature" for the Fool. The depth in that card is amazing and the path leading off into the forest is the perfect introduction for entering the world of this deck.

First impressions are really, really good. :)

Isn't it fun? I keep doing the same thing. Looking at the cards, over and over again, in amazement at the detail. They aren't as bright as the ones on the website and I think that is because of 2 reasons. The pictures we see are the original, larger prints, which may have been brighter. And also, like someone else said, the light of the computer is shining through! Of course, now on the website it shows the real cards on top and you can see they are more earthy in colour, but it works, because of the subject matter and I am very happy with it! Definitely a favourite of mine!

huredriel

Mine was waiting for me at work today, a quick flip through and loving it :D ....... though I have to say this is one deck which I wish was much larger, say the Druidcraft size as I think a lot of the detail can be easily missed at this size. If I hadn't already known about the Shapeshifter, I would have known just by looking through the imagery that it was the same artist. Here's hoping I don't get too much work so I can play with these today :D

HearthCricket

huredriel said:
...though I have to say this is one deck which I wish was much larger, say the Druidcraft size as I think a lot of the detail can be easily missed at this size.

I agree! Or even if there had been no borders. Or even slightly larger, like the Goddess Tarot. But I love this deck! It is certainly a favourite with me and I actually think the glossier finish (but non sticky, non smelly) helps the detail of her artwork pop out. Beautiful!

Citrine

Does anyone have any favorites based solely on the artwork?
Granted, I think the whole deck is beautiful, but cards like The Star, The Magician, the Two of Cups, the Three of Wands and the Ten of Pentacles (okay, I could go on but better stop here), really are lovely. And of course the Water Dragon/Strength card.

:sigh: :)