Fantasical Creatures - I Got It!!

6 Haunted Days

The ones you mentioned are all among my favourites. But also I just adore 4 of Swords with the lambs, Ace of Pentacles, 4 of Pentacles, 7 of Pentacles (gargoyles!), Death, 3 of Swords (Jenny Greenteeth I love anything with her legend in it), Queen and King of Wands, Chains, Page of Swords and most of all The Hermit!

To be honest there are only a few cards I dislike in the whole deck.

HearthCricket

LOL This deck is so breathtaking and grows on me more and more, each time I pull it out, but here are some of my favourites:

The Star
Page of Wands
The Magician
Eight of Pentacles
Page of Swords
Chains
High Priest
The Sun (Love it!!!)
Nine of Pentacles
Two of Wands
The Hermit
King of Pentacles
Five of Pentacles
Eight of Wands
Temperance
Seven of Swords
10 of Pentacles
The Lovers
Four of Swords
Six of Swords
Eight of Swords
King of Wands

Well....you get the picture! :D

Citrine

Well, I've had my copy for about two weeks now and I am still impressed with it. At first I thought it might be hard to read with and it was. But after four or five readings with friends and hours (yes, I just love the art) spent shuffling through it, I am finding my readings are becoming clearer and easier. I suppose it helps that I am familiar with the other Conway/Hunt decks, and Animals Divine, but I suspect that even if I wasn't I'd still be getting good readings with it.

I admit at first I was afraid it would be a lovely deck that I couldn't read well with. Thankfully that is not the case. And I really enjoyed DJ Conway's little white book descriptions of the various fantastical entities, brief though they were.

faunabay

Well I've had mine now for awhile.......I still like it quite a bit. But I don't seem to be doing any readings with it. When I want to do a reading I seem to reach for other decks. My victorian romantic in particular - which is my hands down absolute favorite deck!!! Maybe I just need to make a point of doing a few more readings with it. I do love some of the cards. But still can't get past some of the ones that confuse me. hmmmm...... I guess I'm still on the fence about it.

Mi-Shell

Hi Everyone!
Thanks to a fantastic trade with HearthCricket (Love!)
I am now proud owner of this fascinating deck!
I love world mythology and the evocative art presented here!
Is anybody here interested in a loosely structured study group?? we could all post our questions, impressions and musings of random cards here...? :)

Cerulean

An odd thought...Stardust, the illustrated book...

or Harry Potter via the movie series...for some reason the visual fantasy of the illustrated Stardust book really reminds me of this deck or this deck has the same fantasy animals such as the Lion, the Unicorn, etc....anyway, the look and feel of the deck and reading the illustrated Neil Gaiman book looked like a win-win feel-good match to me.

Off to my odd mix-and-matching...

Cerulean

HearthCricket

Mi-Shell said:
Hi Everyone!
Thanks to a fantastic trade with HearthCricket (Love!)
I am now proud owner of this fascinating deck!
I love world mythology and the evocative art presented here!
Is anybody here interested in a loosely structured study group?? we could all post our questions, impressions and musings of random cards here...? :)

Absolutely! I am so glad you love it! I think it is wonderful and her best, yet. I love Animals Divine, but I have always been drawn to the glossier decks, for some reason and the artwork in this is so detailed that it just pops! I only wish the pretty border was a bit thinner so the picture could be larger. However, having small hands, I guess a larger deck would not get the attention this one is getting. Ever since I got my first copy I have kept it by my bedside and read from it every day. There is so much food for thought with this deck!

Citrine

HearthCricket said:
Ever since I got my first copy I have kept it by my bedside and read from it every day. There is so much food for thought with this deck!

Ha ha ha -- I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
;)