21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

GypsyFaerie

Step 2: Mystic Dreamer Tarot: Temperance

I am balanced on my knees in the rocks with the water flowing fast around me. I feel serene as I pour water from come to cup. Although a waterfall pounds in the distance, the pressure is not so much downstream where I am. The moonlight gives life to things that cannot be found in the Sun. I am calm in the midst of turmoil. The forest around me sings with the noises of creatures that only come out at night.

Fortuna

21 Ways - Step TWO, Shadowscapes, Strength

Step TWO, Shadowscapes, Strength

I am one of the pixies sitting atop the rock, just below the warm basin spewing a really rich aroma of frankincense. I watch the bamboo sway and bend with the wind, and marvel at how strong and flexible the plant is. I look up and see the cracks on the archway bridge where the big lion and red-headed lady are on. I hope it will remain strong for a long time. Maybe it should be fixed.

That Siamese cat is looking at me again. It is funny. It always tries to take a nip at me, but I'm pretty fast and smart. He'll never catch me.

I look up and wonder why the lion doesn't bite the lady's hand. I would if someone was trying to open my mouth like that. They seem to trust each other and understand each other, not like my other pixie friend who has his back towards me. He's a little miffed at me and I am not really sure what I did. Hopefully, we can be friends again soon so we can make mischief together.

Zenefertiti

21 Ways, Radiant Rider Waite, King of Pentacles

Radiant Rider Waite, King of Pentacles
I sit on my throne, staring at something in the distance. In my left hand is a golden pentacle, I balance this on my knee and hold a golden sceptre in my right hand. It feels like late afternoon, I am surveying my surroundings. My cloak is thick and heavy, covered in red grapes and I have a scarf around my neck. Late afternoon in Winter? My foot is resting on a lion head, I’m relaxed. I have nothing more to do, just to make sure everything stays the same. There are branches with leaves beside me and flowers in bloom in front of me. I feel rich, I have everything I need and I am abundant. My throne feels hard too, I’m getting weary of sitting here, it’s not that comfortable. There are lions heads on my throne, I am proud, courageous, kingly and traditional. I’m not smiling. I am secretly ready for battle, I have armour on underneath my cloak, you can see my foot in this picture. I’m prepared to protect what I have, if I have to.

violetenne

21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card--Step Two

Universal Waite, The King Of Pentacles

I am sitting on my throne with my eyes closed. I am holding a scepter in my right hand and a coin with my left. The coin is placed on my left knee. My throne is black and solid with ram heads on the sides, it is one with the earth beneath it and greens around it as am I. I am a very wealthy king! You can see to my left that my castle is behind me. I am sitting securely, at rest and very confident as you can see by my armored right foot peeking out of my robe and placed on top of a ram's head.

--Violetenne

2dogs

21 Ways -- Step Two

Step TWO: Mystic Dreamer, 6 of Wands.

I am wearing a suit of black armour which covers me completely apart from the rears of my thighs which are clad in blue trousers. I am looking out through the slit of my closed visor. On the back of my helmet is a plume of greyish feathers. I am seated facing forward on a brown horse which is also wearing black armour around its face and neck, and has a display of large white feathers extending upwards and forwards from its forehead. The chest, flanks and hindquarters of my horse however are covered by cloth, black or possibly purple or deep blue with white trim forming a cross on the rear section. A black raven with folded wings is perching on the back of my horse, behind me, facing the same direction and looking down. In my right hand I am holding a tapering straight black pole about seven feet long, the bottom, thicker third of which has been carved to form sections of differing diameters. The narrower quarter of this pole holds a circular wreath of leaves or flowers and from the very end, plus from a point near the middle of the part holding the wreath, elongated green leaves emerge. To my left a further five poles stand with their thick ends on the ground, identical apart from lacking a wreath and having leaves sprouting at only one point, towards the thin end but not from the tip itself. Two of these poles are located at the rear of and behind my horse and stand absolutely upright. The other three are level with my horse’s head and neck, the foremost standing upright, the middle leaning slightly backwards and the one nearest me leaning noticeably back towards me at an angle of roughly 15 degrees. We are standing in a meadow of long, thin, green, grass-like plants with small white flowers at the tops of their stalks. The only other colour really noticeable in this meadow is a very small rounded red object a little in front of me and to my right. Off to my left the landscape is misty but several steeply sloping, dark and bare looking hills can be made out, one behind the other. Above my head and to my left fly 18 birds in several groups, black looking against the clouds. A little in front of me and to my left is a large full moon, with one of the birds flying across its face. The tips of the foremost two poles also cross it. Among the clouds in the sky are also at least a dozen round white lights resembling blurry stars, although one of these appears in front of the face of the moon.

fractalgranny

thanks for joining us on this journey, 2dogs!

2dogs

Thank you for the welcome. I've half done Step 3 and have got a lot out of it already, so this looks a very promising course of study, :)

2dogs

21 Ways -- Step Two

Step TWO: Sirian Starseed, Master of Orbs.

I am sitting comfortably in my loose blue and white robes on my clean, simple wooden throne at the summit of a high pyramid of steps that climb up above the world to where the air is clear and fresh. Below me lie the sea and the faint outlines of land, but all around me is bright blue sky, white puffs of cloud and light. I have been looking at a shiny silver sword that I hold across my lap, but now I have raised my eyes from it and am looking straight ahead.

TRIANGLE

Motherpeace deck, The High Priestess

I am a woman of colour with dark skin, sitting on a circular red mat in the centre of the image.The background of this card is a dark, rich blue. I am facing towards you. My arms and legs are open, facing towards you. I am wearing a skirt made of a grass material and have a white triangle pointing upwards on my belly. I have a blue bib-shaped top that covers by neck and the top of my rib cage. There are white beads at my neck.

My face has white lines that frame my eyes and go down my cheeks, and form a crescent shape on my forehead. This gives the appearance of a mask almost. I look towards you; my gaze is steady and serious. I wear a head dress that looks almost like an animal’s head. It is the colour of tanned leather. There are two ‘ear’-like protrusions, from which streams of the grass material billow out. Two grand horns emerge from the top. They curve in a way that forms another crescent, facing towards the sky.

At either side behind me are totem-like cylindrical stone structures with patterns or images etched into the stone. On the right, the etchings look like a very simplistic ‘female’ image. Two circles at the top are encased by three sets of brackets; two circles sit side by side further down, and finally, a large circle follows below, inside which are more and more circles. On the left, there are bands of etching that go right round the structure. At the top, the bands run straight round, but below that, these lines zig-zag and encase a large diamond shape. Underneath the diamond are more zig zag lines and a final, straight band.

Funk3

Universal-Waite - Judgement

I look up to the sky to see an angel with pink and purple wings blowing a golden trumpet with an english flag attached. It's hair is golden and it looks very neutral, yet content. I hold my arms up wide to anticipate what it has come to speak for atop the clouds. I see the mountains beyond my fellow people as we all stand in our coffins amongst the sea. The melody from the trumpet gives great feeling to my soul, yet I cannot discern what emotions its trying to speak. We are all nude, for everything about us is transparent to the divine. I stand, waiting.