Should i tell him? The Magician

spookyboo22

let's look at it a different way, I think the message of the Magician for your answer is what tools can you give him to go to the Doctor? It's not just a message you are concerned but also resources, I mean could you offer to take him as you are a bit worried? Not force him but offer more than a suggestion, I don't know your relationship but just an idea. The Magician is about making it happen as an action. Sorry he is having such ill health :(

Thanks!

I can't force him. He's stubborn and bull headed. I've got to pick my moment too.
I will make suggestions after that it's up to him.
Thanks for your concern x

spookyboo22

Your questions was: Should I ring him and express my concern?

I would say that the appearance of the Magician, not only suggests a definitely "yes" to your question, but it also suggest the potential for making magic; in other words, for a transformation! If you do, this card suggest that you might help him finally realize that he is sick, that he needs medical and professional help and when he does, thats when the alchemy (cause the Magician also represents alchemy) of his body, mind and spirit would take form. So yes, the potential is there! You have the power to make it happen. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I loved this!

If i could make a transformation happen i would be very happy x

spookyboo22

The Magician is a very interesting card to pull in this case. It means free will and the ability to manifest that which you desire. It is not a doctor.

In this case you are able to help him, if that be your will. And you should try to help him if your will guides you to do so.

It also means, by the same token, that he can continue to drink if that is his will.

Those who conquer addictions often learn to have "the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". The Magician here is the courage to change the things that can be changed. You cannot change him. He can only change himself. You can only empower him.

However, one good sign here, is the Magician who has the implements at his command. It means that he does have the power within his grasp to conquer this addiction, if he so chooses. It is up to him. It is all in his hands and up to his will.

Perhaps you should bring him to an AA meeting, or get him AA materials and give them to him. Good luck.

Hi!

He'd have to admit he's powerless over alcohol and I'm not sure if he's ready.
I'm in al anon myself so i now the serenity prayer well.
You are right it's all up to him. I'm just the messenger.
People say to go no contact and leave it up to God for want of a better way of putting it, but i don't think he realises what is happening to him and i cannot just watch from a distance
Thanks for a great reply x

spookyboo22

Another yes/no question, something chatty old Tarot is not good at. :)

But the Magician tells you that you will have to use all your skills to get the outcome you want (in this case, getting him to admit to the problem and seek medical advice).

Thanks!

I agree the magician is encouraging. He needs a doctor asap x

spookyboo22

I think The Magician is a resounding yes in this case.

But I also think it is telling you to go about it using all the resources at your disposal.
You know this man very well, you know the problem; I think you are being told to think very well about how you are going to broach this utilising your ingenuity.

He needs to hear it the way you mean it for it to sink in and I believe The Magician is telling you have all the knowledge and skills to make that happen.

I am really sorry for him though he is pretty lucky to have someone like you in his life.

Thanks Jenster!

I don't know how he feels about me to be honest but that is irrelevant right now.
I am taking a day to think about my approach but tomorrow I need to act. I'm frightened if i leave it longer it'll be too late x

spookyboo22

I would say like other members that the Magician says that you could do or try something.
Nevertheless the Magician is the first card just after the Fool, therefore an awareness is maybe possible but just as a first step and possibly.

The Magician can as well depict a physician, I agree. Probably it is more the role of a doctor to tell that kind of truth, because you are his ex, so it isn't the same.
Anyway, I think the card says yes, with skill (tact).

Thanks!

You are so right. It's only number one.

I definitely see a doctor in the magician.

A start though is a start x

spookyboo22

Magician is the card of clear, concise communication so a resounding yes, also represents a doctor or skilled surgeon etc so I would go with your intuition and intervene to get him help. Those who act as agents are also tied to the card for this person will be skilled at helping others do their very best, which is a reflection of one of your gifts along with your obvious kindness.

Thanks Headincloud!

I always like your take on cards!

I hope i can pull this off x